I haven't had my first kiss yet and I'm 18. Should I wait or should I just get it over with?

I'm 18 and I've never been kissed before, neither had a boyfriend. My friends think I'm being stupid for wanting to have my first kiss with a special guy and they think I'm wasting my life away by thinking this way.

I want a love story like in the movies or fairy tales and people think I'm strange because of it. Also a lot of people think it's stupid that I don't hook up with guys whenever we go out.

Do you think I'm being stupid or I should wait for a special guy to give my first kiss to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and No. There is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting if your willing to wait forever. The problem with people who say that they are waiting is that many times they will have relatively unrealistic and often high standards for partners and relationships as a whole. An example of this is you wanting a love story like in the movies. Sure it is possible, but that is only one part of a relationship. Relationships are not always rainbows and butterflies. Many inexperienced people don't fully appreciate the effort it takes throughout the good /highs and bad/lows of a relationship. If you are realistic and are willing to actively find the right guy for you instead of waiting for him to magically come sweep you off your feet then I say do what you want too.

In my personal experience with girls I would personally advise you to get it over with. Finding the right partner works best through trial and error. You will rarely find a person who is so open that you will know everything about them. Very few people are the finished article. Trusting someone in a relationship takes time. Relationships teach you so many life lessons as you grow , you help each other grow and you truly learn what you like and don't like/want about the the opposite sex

What Guys Said 8

• Wait for "The one". Everything new that you do will feel much more special and better if done with the right guy for you. I'm almost 23 and never had a girlfriend, kissed a girl, or even held hands with a girl. I feel fine. You got nothing to be embarrassed about or upset about.

• Save it until perfect time will come..and it's not uncommon..I had my first kiss at the age of 20 lol

so nothing to worry about ^_^

• hi,i want to learn English,could you recommend a typewriting software for typping better?and it is best for give me a download webpage link.thank you .

• Meh, 22 and my lips are still more virgin than the bonnet of a Bugatti Veyron xD

Patience is a virtue :P

• By all means keep on waiting! You've waited so far, why stop now because of what others say. This is your life and you should do things how you want. Don't fall to peer pressure.

• "I want a love story like in the movies or fairy tales"

lol sh*t is hilarious

Yeah Good luck to the "special guy(s)" who's gonna find out you're a DisneyLand Crackhead and face your unrealistic and dysfunctional expectations and prospective of life.

• I am a senior student,23,has still no girlfriend,of course has no first kiss.It is ordinary in China.I have 7 roommate,and there are 5 guys just like me.I do not think it is weird.I think you should wait for your right guy.

• Wait for it.

You're still young.

• You should live rationally according to your own values. Don't let other people tell you how to live.

On the other hand, is life for most people like a romance movie? No. And which romantic movie are you thinking of anyway?

What Girls Said 6

• Okay firstly, 18 is not that old. I know quite a few girls who also have yet to have their first kiss at the age of 19 and they're sweet, pretty girls. Secondly, you can have expectations but you should learn to be realistic about them. While it's fine to have your preferences, they should be attainable. You can still have a fairy tale romance but you have to understand that to get there it will take work and sacrifices from your side. Lots of girls who have these fairy tale expectations think that a guy will magically end up in their hands... they won't. A girl has to do their part in getting a partner and to get closer to having a awesome relationship. Hooking up with guys is a matter of personal values. I don't do the hooking up thing, or at least I draw the line at making out. I wouldn't go further than that. But it's totally fine to not do it. It's not like you're missing out on much. Hooking up isn't all that fun, especially if you end up getting a bad reputation from it! I think you should keep waiting for that special guy but please just be realistic and make a effort to attract guys, otherwise your fairy tale dreams won't come true.

• Oh honey even I didn't have my first kiss yet. I'm 18 years old just as you are. I have a boyfriend and I've been with him for 4 years now he's a great guy but even then I wanted to wait until I finish high school to have my first kiss and maybe have sex with him. He respected my choice and agreed to wait for me all this time. I know he loves me a lot and he's the one. We even decided to get married so it is serious between us. It's not stupid at all, keep waiting until you find the right one. :)

• No,it's not stupid for feeling the way you do.

You have your whoke life ahead of you,so don't swaet it,ok?

I'm sure someday you'll meet your Prince and live happily ever after:-)

Btw,I didn't get my first kiss until I was 19.

Today,at the age of 42,I have guys knocking on my door.

Back when I was in my 20's guys didn't notice me--now they are.

Much luck...

• I'd say, wait for someone special. What's the point of "getting it over with," anyway, if it's not gonna be something you'll cherish and remember, if it's not gonna be meaningful?

If it makes you feel better, I'm your age and haven't had my first kiss, either. My boyfriend is almost 22 and he has "virgin lips" LOL

Don't rush into it. It's gonna happen, eventually :D

• Save it when the time is right, same thing with sex. It is when you are ready. Not when everyone around you is.

• I think waiting for someone special is fine. Keep in mind he may not turn out to be The One, but waiting and dating in the meantime right? Is helping you figure what you are looking for in a lifetime partner. You do not have to kiss or hook up on every date, just have fun and live life! He will come along and you will know it when he does. It'll knock your stockings off. ;)