Girls, if you met a nice guy who is 26 years old, shy/inroverted, never been on a date...what would you think?

Would you completely dismiss his as a date, or just cast him out to e someone you shouldn't have any dealings with. would you be interested in getting to know him and open him up or what? it does seem as though it is much, much easier for this to be a case for a girl and society would except it, but it seems that it's not acceptable for guys

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give him a chance, if I like his personality and find him attractive, and vice versa. I think most girls would do that, too. My biggest concern would be he becomes too clingy because... this is his first relationship, he's afraid of losing me, doesn't think he'll find any better, etc. IF THIS DUDE IS YOU, keep that last part in mind. Just play it cool, and don't worry about it too much 'cause it's not really a big deal. If a girl picks on you for that she's really not worth having LOL

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think it makes a difference. If he's interesting and I like him, it wouldn't matter. A lot of Introverted/ shy people only open up to those closest to them. It just make me that much happier when he shows me a side of him many others won't see. =P

• Nice & shy/introverted is no problem, if his personality is still attractive, eg good sense of humour, smart. Unless he tells the girl up-front he's never had a date, how would she know?

• When you say nice, shy and introverted, the next word that comes to mind is "girl".

So based on this alone, no.

• I wouldn't care.

• I wouldn't date an inexperienced guy. I've had way too much experience with dating, and the inexperienced guys were jerks like experienced ones, but pretended to be innocent and "I'm doing [selfish thing] because I loooove you!". No. I'm too old for that sh*t. Wait, I should have never had to deal with that in the first place. Learn that your boner doesn't come before a girl's comfort level and you'll be alright.

• I would give him a chance.

• I would be willing to give him a chance if I liked him. The only thing is that I'm also pretty shy and quiet so I'm not quite sure how that would work out.

What Guys Said 5

• The idea that girls don't allow for guys who are introverted, shy, and inexperienced, isn't true. Like, you can't empirically argue that it's true either, if you've never been on a date. haw haw. No, no, listen... That's a male-centric viewpoint, a woman-shy viewpoint, I might say a patriarchal viewpoint, that projects its own male-dominated insecurities (of a lack of masculinity, of a lack of 'Alpha' status, Freud or Lacan might say castration fear), onto women, who have never expressed this viewpoint.

All examples of this in the media (movies, television, especially) have been written by men. Basically: it doesn't happen. With girls, you just have to talk to them. If they like you, they like you.

A website like this is very damaging because it asks women all the time; 'would you go for a guy who...' or whatever. And it makes them think about it. They have to think about their ideal, *in relation to* the male-dominated insecurity, such as this one; or the short guy, the virgin, whatever. If they actually met the person, it wouldn't even cross my mind. Most of the girls I've been with say 'I don't usually sleep with boys who...' are younger than her, are skinny, have beards, are bi, can't f***, whatever. Everybody who a girl is with isn't who she'd normally be with. A girl has never been with who she'd normally be with.

It's because of their tastes, their desires, their personal reflections, being subject to the 'Male Gaze' - look at it another way, this is a quote which I love, from a Marxist, John Berger, on art, but it applies here; "Men look at women. Women watch themselves being looked at."

I don't know if I can get this through to you honestly. This is Post-Structuralism. Uhm... Like; a woman calculates herself in relation to how she is viewed by men. In any given situation, being a man, you are the man. Do you understand? You're the standard that sets, not the subject of those standards. You're the Object not the Subject. Forget all the media that has told you otherwise for so many years.

If anything, not fulfilling masculine standards is a good thing, with girls. It makes you more real, to them, and they feel that you're less likely to judge them, to gaze. The best thing you can do, which I do as a leftist, which you should do as a nice guy, is actively try and be a person who doesn't judge or set standards for women to uphold. And if you can do that you will have a lot of sex, basically. Old paradox, if you aren't expecting sex, you'll get sex. Muhammad said a similar thing about women, but I don't have space to quote him. But it was clever.

• Just remember that girls are nice.

• As a guy, I would say that there is no excuse.

If I were a girl I would probably think this guy had low self-esteem, lacked confidence, ambition, ect.

Go out and take risks. Period.

• makes me hate the cards I was dealt with for being a guy

• She would ask to see any of your cute brothers most likely