I'm 19, almost sophomore in college, and have had basically no dating experience

Yeah. As the question/title says I've had bad luck with the opposite sex.

I was asked out a few times in high school, but I wasn't really interested at that time. I'm not unattractive. In fact, when I go to stores or just walking about, I usually get lots of looks/guys check me out.

I thought there would be more dating opportunities in college, but it seems like the combination of my bad luck and lack of interest on the part of college men makes my dating chances slim.

I was pretty shy when I was younger. I'm more open now, but still pretty quiet/reserved. I think that sometimes people can misinterpret this as being cold/standoffish, so I try to keep a pleasant disposition.

I've been interested in a few guys since being in college, but it seems like I'm not even on their radar...lol.

It gets really depressing sometimes. I don't know what to do. I don't want to leave college never having been on a date, never been kissed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I gotta be honest...college can brutal for dating - most people are content with just hooking up.

However, it's also your greatest opportunity. As with most of these questions, the key to dating is almost counter-intuitive. You have to put yourself in social situations where dating isn't the goal. You have to overcome your shyness. Engage the guys in conversation, don't wait for them to come to you. Join clubs, social organizations. Go to parties.

What Guys Said 3

• The worst thing you can do at this point is become discouraged or show feelings of insecurity. You could potentially have a boyfriend before summer break, you just need to make a plan and execute it.

What you need to do is open yourself up to people. Attend anything that has people. Attend parties, clubs, social organizations, etc.. All you need to do is just talk. Find a nice dude and just keep up a conversation and talk.

• Don't be depressed.

There are still a lot of guys who are inexperienced anyway.

You'll find one.

• Seems to me like you're just sitting around like a wall flower, hoping someone will notice you. It shouldn't be like that. You need to take charge of your dating life. Talk to guys, flirt with them, make yourself seem datable and desirable.

What Girls Said 1

• If you are 19 you still have some time left in college. Attend more social events, join clubs, go to parties, and attend your college team games. Make more opportunities to meet your peers, the more people you meet, the more chances you have of finding a potential date.