Mother trying to get me to date someone.

Recently, a good lady friend I went to high school with (went to prom and WPA - Women Pay All as friends) reentered into my life. This is one of... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You could try telling her something like "Mom, I know you love me and want me to be happy and I love you for that. I know you want me to find a relationship that makes especially happy that will last. Me and (her name) just don't have the right chemistry to make that happen. We are more like brother and sister than boyfriend and girlfriend. If me and her tried to make a go of a relationship, it would fizzle out and then I would not have her as a friend. I know you feel if I just gave it a try that I would see we would be great, but I think you and I both know it won't because me and her don't have the right things to give each other in a romantic relationship. When the timing is right, I will have a girl that I fit with."