• Ask
  • myTake

Mother trying to get me to date someone.

Recently, a good lady friend I went to high school with (went to prom and WPA - Women Pay All as friends) reentered into my life. This is one of... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You could try telling her something like "Mom, I know you love me and want me to be happy and I love you for that. I know you want me to find a relationship that makes especially happy that will last. Me and (her name) just don't have the right chemistry to make that happen. We are more like brother and sister than boyfriend and girlfriend. If me and her tried to make a go of a relationship, it would fizzle out and then I would not have her as a friend. I know you feel if I just gave it a try that I would see we would be great, but I think you and I both know it won't because me and her don't have the right things to give each other in a romantic relationship. When the timing is right, I will have a girl that I fit with."

What Girls Said 4

• parents and love life = spicy food and fizzy soda. NEVER combine the 2 because you will just end up hurling/sick. trust me.

• You should definitely be like, look mom, I have my eyes set on someone else. Works every time!

• I think that you just need to be direct with your mother and tell her as it is. If you have no chemistry or romantic interest in this girl and she reciprocates these same "feelings," you should let your mother know this. How can she be offended if there's no interest in either party? It's not your fault and it's not her fault (the girl). Just how it is. I don't know why your mom wouldn't understand this!

What Guys Said 3

• never let your parents control your love life

• Dont listen to your mom in romance. Times have changed and she is out of the loop with style. Moms may know there children well and you may be close but when it gos with romance, go with your heart.

• Talk it out with her.Don't let her dictate the ship of your life wherein you're the captain.