Guys, help please!! Girls welcome too!

So, I'm watching He's Just Not That Into You, and one of the characters says something along the lines of "if a man acts like he doesn't give a sh*t about you, then he ginuenly doesn't give a sh*t about you!"

So my question is, is that true? I've been talking to some guy for quite a while, and for the last 5 days he hasn't texted me and when he does it's a "Hope you have a good day today" text. I'm not the crazy type so I don't text him. I wait for his reply. And I don't wanna text him because I don't wanna feel like a bother... What should I do? Does he ginuwinly not care?!

Most Helpful Guy

• "if a man acts like he doesn't give a sh*t about you, then he ginuenly doesn't give a sh*t about you!""

For the most part, I would agree with that - however, girls are notorious at misreading a guys intentions.

For example, how many girls have (at one time or another) thought to themselves : Oh, he's looking at me! Maybe he likes me!

Or on the flip side : "I sent him a text, and it's been an hour and he hasn't answered! He must not like me at all."

Girls are morons when it comes to working out what a guy feels. And they often assign the most incorrect possible emotion to a meaningless act.

So while the line is correct, it is absolutely USELESS to most girls.

What Guys Said 16

• We don't do things the way most girls do. We say what we mean and we mean it when we say it. Our flirts are much more direct and we don't play the whole "Let's go near that one and pretend we're so exciting so he notices us." We'll go up and talk to the girl directly. No games.

The only ones who are gonna pretend not to care are insecure guys who have such a destroyed ego to the point where they pathetically isolate themselves.

• I would say there is some truth in it.

not giving a $h*t could be interpreted as being rude/crude or rough with you so if that is the case then its very very likely that he is not interested.

I have learned though that if you are over keen you can scare someone away...

Life is all about balance. So long as he knows you are interested but not stalking him then you can do no more. If he's not into you, don't be offended - its all coke and pepsi - you could well be coke and he might prefer pepsi - it does not make you any lesser a person, but you can be just as cool under pressure :)

Best of luck to you...

• The line is basically true.

However, you're not dating? You're talking. Nothing has happened. You say 'he hasn't texted and when he does'.

Are you saying he last texted you 5 days ago, and it was a quick text, or for the last 5 days he's only sent you quick texts?

• The movies correct, majority of guys are quite direct, we don't play mind games and don't like them being played on us. I'm not saying all guys are like that there will be I'm sure a minority that play mind games etc but if he's a regular normal guy I would say he's not into you.

• That movie is seriously 100% spot on where men and dating are concerned.

• Let me tell you a little something about guys.

We can act like we don't give two craps about you all we want, but if we genuinely do care our annoying "caring side" will slip out and do something nice...on accident.

• That movie is pretty much right on the money.

Guys are not hard to read.

• I love the movie.. I forgot about it and when I watched it, a lot of things started clicking.. So he may not give a sh*t about me... Better to know than sit here like an idiot... Thanks!(:

• A trick to getting a guy to like you is to not give a sh*t about him. Unfortunately you care because he doesn't... I know it sounds silly but absence makes the heart fonder. Best thing now is to not care yourself

• That line is correct. Never make someone your priority who considers you an option.

• Absolutely correct.

• I act like I'm not interested if I fear rejection or giving off the impression of being clingy.

• He doesn't care. When I am interested in someone, I rarely play hard to get. He doesn't give a sh*t

• If I didn't like someone, I won't text at all. he probably likes you but holding back because it seems like you're not interested

• Not true, but sometimes we are nervous or we think that this girl definitely doesn't like me, or she is on her phone too much without being open to communicate, and smiling and laughing, talking to everybody else but the one guy who might actually care and doesn't know how to show it.

• True.

• Yes, that's true.

Though for your guy, just text him.

Why would it bother him when you're just texting him?

• I don't know... He's a busy person.. I just don't want to be a burden. He's a busy person, kind of.. Thanks for the answer!

I just don't know... 5 days ago, we were talking 24/7.. Now, two texts back and forth and the conversation is dead... I just don't know what to do..:/ Might just drop it..

What Girls Said 0