Could you date someone who treated others like ****?

If a person treats you like royalty (as in, all your needs & wants are met in the relationship), but treats other people like cr@p, could you continue to date them?

Feel free to go Anonymous for the sake of honesty.

• Yes
  • No
  • Not for very long

Most Helpful Guy

• I would take that.

What Guys Said 6

• If I'm with someone, I would choose someone who does not treat people how she does not like to be treated. I would not want special treatment. A good person is good to everybody.

• Hell no.

• No way, I couldn't date a girl who is horrible to other people, I'd want to date a genuinely nice girl.

• short term, if I had no other options, but not long term.

if someone treated other people like sh*t, I would feel less guilty dumping them.

• No way.

• I would not continue to date them

What Girls Said 4

• I've been with someone like this! Not knowingly at first, of course. He had really low self-esteem so he treated me like royalty at first, because he thought I was so much better than him. But that low self esteem also gave him an inferiority complex, meaning he was often condescending and rude towards others because he somehow thinks they're less than him. Stupid and ironic huh?

For a girl, it sounds nice that a guy would pamper you and treat you like royalty, but trust me it's not going to last. At all. Eventually the crap he gives others will find its way into the relationship and eventually he'll start treating you like crap too because, oh, how dare you look down on him! He got so paranoid and hated himself even more and started hating on me too. Never again.

• Nope. I judge someone by how they treat the people around them. Not just family and friends, but strangers. Nothing is a bigger turn off then someone who is rude or condescending, or has a superiority complex that makes them treat others like sh*t.

• No way there is a right way to treat people and then there is a wrong way to treat them.

• Yes I am doing it right now:) we've been dating for almost two years. He has mellowed out a lot.