Do guys actually go for good girls or do they just say that's what they want?

Okay, I am completely baffled by guys. They say I'm sweet, cute, intelligent, and kind. They come around, and start their games, which confuse me to know end. They say I'm a good girl and that they'd love to date me - okay, fine. But they date these little twits who dress like sluts, put out and don't care about anything beyond themselves. What is the deal? They say they want something real, and go for something fake.

I'm 21, full time college student, I know I'm not the prettiest, but my looks aren't what has drawn people to me, it's been my personality, and all these guys say they want one thing, and go for another. What is up with guys? What do they actually want? I haven't dated because some of the guys are downright jerks, no offense, and the guys I know would deck some of the guys that have been asking. I'm called a good girl, I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, party much, and I dress decently. I help everyone I can, smile all the time, and I've been told repeatedly that I'm the serious datable kind, but they go for the girls that sleep around on them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well girls that put out are seen as great because guys are really geared towards wanting sex. Some more than others too. No matter who you meet they do want to get in your pants. Some might just care about who you are as well. If these are the guys you are running into don't bother even thinking about them. They aren't worth it.

I think the best thing you can do is just be yourself. Don't worry about what others think or do and things will fall into place. I too hold some negative beliefs but I try to drown them out with optimism and positive thinking.

There is a guy out there willing to work with ya. You just might need to be more observant because he could be shy and find you intimidating.

What Guys Said 6

• Might have to do with the fact that being young is quite possibly one of the greatest chance for both genders to get a lot of sex. You can be well datable and all and I think that most guys do want a person like you for a prolonged and serious relationship. But guy around your age might not want to settle for a single girl and a stable thing thinking: "If I do that, I'll miss out on something."

• Guys like attractive girls. On top of this some might prefer 'good' girls, some don't. Keep in mind guys are under social pressure to say they prefer 'good' girls, the same way girls are expected to say they like 'nice' guys. All people prefer physically attractive partners, beyond that its very subjective.

• I want a lady in the streets and a freak in the bed.

• We feel the same way when the girls do it too.

• Well, your friends don't want to date you because you're a friend. And it sounds like you're not meeting enough guys.

• I don't want to date any of my guy friends, they're just really good friends - who insist that all guys are jerks and I need to be protected from the lot. I know several, just none I'd date. I just fail to understand the guys fixation with girls that will lie and cheat on them.

• Guys don't want to be cheated on lol. Guys want sex and if the girl has a good personality too then a relationship too. Guys are so used to making the first move that it's really flattering when a girl shows some interest first. Maybe a lot of the girls you dislike have the confidence to do that. I don't know.

• I wouldn't dislike them if they would study or dress like they had sense. I know five girls, in my classes, they had a good boyfriend, a good guy. They were sleeping around for weeks before anyone found out. Around here, some think girls who do that are well...sluts according to them.

• You can have all that, but at the end of the day girls have no idea what they want. Guys are getting smarter by the day. We can see right through the BS and what you're interested in us for. Guys unfortunately have a shelf life to women now and when something better comes along, we're gone. This is regardless of how good things are, or how well we treat you, or whatever the case is. So until your gender realizes that you need to not be so flighty, so superficial, and until you figure out what you want - this will continue to happen.

What Girls Said 1

• They go for "sluts" because they just want sex anyway.