please help!! is it bad to admit to someone you like them over text?

I've always felt like this was a bad way to do things so I've never done it before but in kind if at a standstill with this girl right now and don't know what to do, is it bad to admit to a girl you like her over text? Please explain

• Yes it's bad
  • It's not bad at all

Most Helpful Guy

• I put it's bad, but in reality, it really depends. I didn't see a third option.

The good thing about telling someone you like them over text is that if you do it because you're shy, that could be something the girl could tease you about, and it could open the door to dating and a chance to get into a relationship.

The bad things with telling someone you like them over text is that it's not very brave. I'm very shy myself, but it is not that great to rely on texting more than real life communication. Another problem with relying on texting to tell someone that you like them is the fact that you can't assess their facial reactions and body language, and they also can't assess your facial reactions and body language. This is a problem, because if you like the other person or the other person likes you, it is hard to assess feelings over texting.

What Girls Said 4

• No. Not at all. It's perfectly fine to tell someone over text/Facebook that you like them...as long as they know. Me? I'm too self conscious to do ANYTHING and thanks to that I just have to frekkin daydream about the guy I like. Tell her. The worst she can say is she doesn't liks you. It'll be fine.

• Do it in person! Over text is strange.

• No its not bad because some people break up over text or. Socail websites, but it could be easier to ask her to her face so you get a direct answer :)

• I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would want to talk to you right after I read it if I were interested in you. Also, take in consideration if you are close to her or not.

• Me and her are not really that close, we've only been friends for like 1-2 months she knows I kinda like her through another person brig a loud mouth and telling her but I want to break that barrier between us of me pretending like she doesn't know. I've heard she is also kind of interested in me too and I just want to be able to talk about it between us so I can figure out what is going on

What Guys Said 5

• Put your big boy pants on. Man up. This question looks like something a girl should be the one asking. Tell her to her face and show her you got balls between those two legs.

• I've done it before its fine, low risk and high reward

• Should do it in person if anything imo. But it's not bad. Just as long as you do admit to em.

• Honestly man.. I was the type to tell the girl via email or text heck.. even a letter.

But I realized that it's MUCH better to do it in person.

The thing is you HAVE to be willing to accept you may get rejected in person. Whereas in a text it's easier to get let down.

I would do it in person face to face even if it sounds hard, scary or crazy. And also the girl will be more impressed that you had the guts to do it in person. I think women love men that can talk to them face first and have the confidence to do it.

Most guys can't do it... so go for it!

Or better yet... here is an awesome idea..

Tell her on text, but be near her. Like say if you did it at a place she is at and your around there, but she doesn't see you. Text her you like her and all, then say your nearby and surprise her.

That way you get to tell her and you can talk to her right away in person too. Maybe go out and have lunch or something after.

• It's not bad, but not preferred.

• Why is it not preferred?

• Her and get rejected

• she already knows that you like her and you know that she's into you as well so I don't see the problem. The only thing you can do wrong in this situation would be not making a move. Call her up (like now, this very moment) as her what she's been up to and tell her you'd like to catch up and ask her if she's busy this Friday if not you two should go on a date (use the word date to avoid confusion). Simple as that.