Why is interracial dating becoming more common?

I think it's a good thing lol, just wondering what are the reasons for it over the past 10 or so years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people are sexy?

Have you seen Latin, Asian, Italian, Middle eastern, and African men? They are HAWT!

Nothing more sexy than a guy with dark hair and an accent to get your panties wet.

You can be the most racist Ahole on Earth and still get turned on by a gorgeous Ethnic person.

And that is just scratching on the Physical aspect of someone who looks different than you. Not even going to touch how wonderful they can be on the inside.

• haha I would agree. i;m white and I think ethnic guys are usually very hot

• A better question to ask would be "Can they keep a job?"

What Guys Said 13

• More and more people are starting to understand who stupid it is to stereotype people by race. I don't understand the reason for racism as opposed something like sexism. Science has proven through DNA that we are all basically the same. Phenotypical difference are the spice or icing on a wonderful meal or cake. Younger generations are developing a more diverse palate in their tastes in partners which is a great thing. I don't like some of the reasoning behind interracial dating I.e dating a persons skin color instead of their character or ranking people by race and seeking to date above their own race (and other self hate). Once that passes over the world would be a slightly better place

• I'm not racist but I believe t the races should stick to their own people.like me I'm part Indian and I would love to have more Indian blood in me.there's a reason we have different colored skin.blacks are made to be more resistant to the sun to cool off. White is to keep the heat in.that's why our hair is down.and I've had this same conversation with a black teacher and he agreed.and one other thing I've talked to black people about dating most say it's fine for a black guy to be with a white girl but if a white guy goes with a black girl it's racist.

• And your teacher agreed that people of different shades should not mate?

• No I never said that.I never said I agreed with it.I just am not gonna do it myself.he said people with different skins are like that for a reason as did I.

• I'm sure it's a number of reason's. I can only really speak for my city, but maybe someone from somewhere else can chime in. The middle class is disappearing, so your getting the once middle class moving into the lower class neighborhood's. The once middle class family is now around all different types of ethnicities, so vanilla is not the only flavor your son or daughter can choose from.

From what I have seen in my cities, malls, bars, supermarkets etc... The majority of interracial dating is going on between certain types of people. The welfare mother using her EBT card at the checkout counter, and her kids look like they haven't had a bath in days. While there father is out selling drugs in the streets so he can get studio time. On the flip-side of that I have been seeing the wannabe thug white guy who thinks talking with a slang changes the fact he's 140 pounds soaking wet, and couldn't fill out his white beater I wore when I was 12. Yet, he feels having a black girlfriend somehow validates his street status in some way.

This is obviously not the case for every couple, but in certain cities this is what you end up seeing a lot of. It gives good looking, middle/upper class interracial couples a bad name.

• because of loads of confusion people create between opposite sex...so that interracial seems more legitimate way...and these days fear is a best friend of teenager...thanks to government...

so interracial is the best possible solution for time out

• Maybe because people feel more closer together. There are fewer race-related cases these days. In the past, there were big problems between whites and African-Americans. Now, not really. For other races, people just consider each other as regular people no matter what race you are.

• Because the number of racist f***s is decreasing

• because most of the people that were racists are older uneducated people who are dying out.

and bigotry is much less cool than it used to be.

• That's because the world is becoming smaller, metaphorically.

• Less racism, less ignorance and ahem cough cough maybe someday less people pointing out things like interracial dating = interracial dating more common

• The better question is why is it not MORE common?

The answer to your question, though, is because people have become more conscious of the fact that we are all the same inside and skin color matter not.

• LOL you sound like a future rape/assault/murder victim. Enjoy your youthful enthusiasm for 'inclusion' and 'cultural diversity'

• why do you view it as "a good thing" ?

not to say it is bad but why does it matter at all?

• Because Asian girls are hot

What Girls Said 3

• Idk. But I like it.

• gave upvote... what do you like about it?

• They can see through skin color or cultural differences. Then blend them when they have kids. I've never been attracted to only one race.

• Interracial dating and interracial marriage are two very different things. In the US, interracial marriages makes up for less than 18% of marriages. A lot of people will date interracially but they'd never marry interracially

But I guess more integration could be the reason. Areas that were once more segregated(by the people) are striving for diversity and the focus has turned to gays. So race is less of an issue while sexual orientation is more of an issue

• Times are changing, people are evolving, and finally opening up their old fashioned bigoted minds