Initiating the calls

Guys, say you meet a girl and its in the early stages. You've been talking for maybe a few days and you say, "call me/text me sometime." How would you feel if the girl said that she was a traditional girl and preferred that you called/texted her first in the beginning. Not in a bitchy or stuck up way. Would you be ok with this?

Ok guys thanks a lot for the input =) Just curious as to how it was coming across.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the guy, but I think it's kind of disrespectful. We live in the 21st century and you're telling this guy you have no intention of initiating contact. It sounds like something you need to change. Though, that doesn't mean he won't respect your request. I think you'd be better off telling him you're shy, you like talking with him, but you aren't comfortable enough yet to initiate calls.

If you tell him a "tradition" is holding you back from expressing your interest by initiating contact, that really might seem disrespectful. It's like saying, "I like talking to you, but because I'm a traditional girl, I won't initiate contact. That's your job. Not mine. Chase me."

Again, we're in the 21st century, not the 16th. If he's a nice guy, and he likes you, he should be okay with it. I just wanted you to know that this "traditional girl" attitude doesn't belong in this century.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with what the guy above me said "I think you'd be better off telling him you're shy, you like talking with him, but you aren't comfortable enough yet to initiate calls." I think that would come across better than you saying you were traditional

• If that's the type of girl you are then stick to it. If he wouldn't be OK with it then he's not the kind of guy for you.