Should you even think about dating if you are not where you want to be professionally?

Like if you are at a small job for now but eventually want to get something better is it a bad idea to date now and just wait until later?

Your thoughts?

So all in all. do you think I should just say 'f*** it' and start dating?
Where do the nerdy girls like to hang out? :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Later in life I think a relationship is a lot more meaningful if you go through the stages of life together. I think sharing more stages of life creates a stronger bond with each other. Going through school, going through the first jobs, the first raises, the career changes, renting your first apartment, buying your first furniture, all contribute to the relationship. You make the decisions jointly as a couple, rather than two separate "pre-made" people joining together at a later stage in life. Your successes in life are successes as a couple, you failures are failures as a couple. I think there is a lot to be gained in a relationship when those things are shared.

• "do you think I should just say 'f*** it' and start dating?"

It sure won't hurt. IMO anyone worth dating will understand that you are early in your career. If you have drive and are a hard worker they will see that. If you are lazy with no ambition they will see that too. In other words they will be more concerned about the direction you are going far more than where you are right now. If they are worth dating they will allow you to grow, just like you should allow them to grow.

What Girls Said 7

• I think you should date now. Why wait? If someone can't handle you where you are now, then they don't deserve you when you get to where you want to be.

Everyone has to start somewhere. People can't expect you to be at the peak of your career at this point. You are only 17. I don't know many girls who have hit the peak of their career, or even started their career at this point.

You're young, enjoy life, date. :)

• im actually 29 years old lol

• Wow, I'm seeing things :P But still, don't be ashamed if you are not where you want to be right now. You are making an effort to get there and that is important. My boyfriend is going through that right now. He's 28, and most of his friends are in their mid 30's and he feels insecure. But those people are older than him. He'll get there, and so will you. I would date, you will find someone you can grow with :)

• these things usually just happen~ so it can't b helped, f*** itt ha ha I wouldn't want to miss out on someone great

but being with someone takes work and its all about prioritizing

some people want the ones who already have it together, some will admire your ambitions

im usually with the ones who are in the same place as me in life

last thing you want is to hold someone back or have someone hold you back 4rm your goals

• Of course you can/should date even if you aren't where you want to be professionally. If not, no one in university would have any kind of love life lol.

I really think they are completely unrelated :) I'd understand if you wanted to wait to marry til you were all professional and sh*t, but dating is just fun, carefree and not so serious :)

• No, if you won't let dating keep you from attaining those goals. I would date right now even though I am going to grad school soon, but it probably wouldn't be ideal for it to happen with the timing, Idk.

• Yes If It doesn't affect you financially.Having a small job is better than being jobless though.

• yes date

• Why does one have to happen before he other? You can't date and work on your career at the same time

What Guys Said 9

• When do you think you'll be where you want to be professionally? Almost no one actually arrives, they just continually progress.

I say work on balancing your checkbook so you can afford to leave the house more often. Meeting people means networking and social confidence, which means getting your foot into more doors. Go out and meet people. It should HELP your professional life, not get in the way of it.

There are nerdy girls a ComicCon, but a library or coffee shop might be preferred.

• Yes, start dating asap.

Being in love with someone will help make you feel better and achieve better results.

• Sure, why not. It's easier to find a girl that will except you for who you really are before you have money. If she believes in you and you are passionate about reaching your goals she'll know you'll get there. It much better to have a woman like that then one that says, he's successful and has money CHECK as a primary reason she's dating you to begin with.

• I don't see how they are related so I don't see how they would influence each other. Lots of people date with low paying jobs. I don't see how it would prevent someone from getting a better job.

• I hope so

• If only rich guys dated, most guys wouldn't date lol and most girls would have to stay single or share guys lol.

• Start dating - otherwise, when you're ready, you'll be all hung up with how late you're starting, how inexperienced you are, etc.. etc...

• Behind the success of a man is a woman.

So even if you're at the bottom of your corporate ladder, dating a woman could actually boost your way up there.

• I heard that crap and or cop out before. That is hogwash...yes I said hogwash

• cop out? what am I copping out of?

• Mhm yea. Well from now on go for it and get it going then.

• All over like libraries, grocery stores, college campuses, sporting events and even bars. I only recommend a bar for any quick (or 1st time) fix.