When you email someone you want to date for the first time, how long should you wait?

Before they probably just ignored you? In your honest opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wait as such. If they respond they do, if they don't they don't. I don't put a time limit on it. I just carry on with other things and get on with it so to speak! If they respond at a much later date I may email back, I may have moved on and won't bother.

What Girls Said 10

• Two weeks at most is how long I'd wait.

If they never replied simply move on.

• Wait? How rude. I am not sure what you asked about exactly - asking on a first date, replying to an e-mail - but you should do it at once. Polite people don't play stupid games. They reply to invitations, e-mails, texts and phone calls as soon as they can, when they are not busy, or when they are checking/replying to e-mails.

• You should ask them out in person!

• i would, but I only know this person from the internet

• A day. I didn't ignore the guy at least. I said I would think about it and let him know the next day. It is just rude to ignore someone. Then again emails are not very reliable because honestly I don't check mine everyday.

• 3 Days. Everyone checks within that time.

• 3 days. Maybe 4.

• I'd say about a week

• The next day at the latest

• An hour. The nicest guy I've ever dated looked me up and emailed me within the hour.

• wait for about four days, after that you can give up. It wouldn't have been a good date anyway, if they didn't want to come in the first place. So don't worry ;)

What Guys Said 2

• A week, probably.

• 2 days should be the maximum.