I have nothing to look forward to..

I don't have a boyfriend although would really like one, am not pretty and still fat, so guys don't even bother to look at me. I've tried online dating, but the guys with whom I clicked with just wanted to be friends. I'm fine with that, although it would be great if they wanted more.

I also have no real friends I trust, my family lives far away and my best friend is always looking forward to meeting some guy while I haven't had any success in dating. I should be happy for her, I know, but all I feel is jealous and sick because she kept rubbing it in my face.

Everyday when I wake up, I don't have anything to look forward to, except to sleep again.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try and try again. Even if there's no hope and you keep on trying, you'll eventually find that guy.

What Guys Said 5

• Can you tell me your sleep wake pattern, your normal eating, and your normal activity level?

• I'm sedentary because I hate working out.
      I eat lots of fast food because even though I like cooking, I hate cooking for just myself, so I eat things that are quick and you can just pop them in the oven or microwave.
      When I posted this question, my sleeping habits are: stay awake until 3 a.m. and wake up at noon, unless I have somewhere important to go.

• The washing dishes is not about whether or not I'm worth it, but it's just another chore added. And I hate doing household chores. Even if I'm cookign with people, if they offer to do the dishes I never say no ;p

I tried that last summer, walking to the river and read or write or study there. But then I'd be alone in the midst of many people who seem to be happy, I see couples PDAing, and people flaunting their sexy bodies, and in the end, I feel even more lonely and worse than before. It's like a devil's circle. I hate summer because everyone seems to happy while I'm so miserable. That's what prompted me to stay home the whole time. Because at home, I don't feel like people are rubbing what they have in my face, when I hate myself for not having them.

I usually also only cook using a wok and cut-up frozen veggies so that I don't even have to wash the cutting board. But then my choice is limited. I like pretty much anything but soup. I'm not too picky.

• I would've chosen you as MH, but I've already chosen one... sorry... You were more helpful than the answer I picked as mh.

• You're a fat slob and you don't treat yourself with the respect you deserve. I was one and I'm slowly getting better. At my highest I was at 260 lbs. I HATED exercise and women wouldn't even look at me with their ass.

It affected my health, psychological as well as physical.

I turned it around by eating healthy, working out ( it actually gets fun) and running.

I love working out now it's part of my day now.

You need to start treating yourself right!!!

• not that easy to do when depression and hypothyroidism are also involved. In order to make the change in a lifestyle, one would have to extract strength from that pool inside you. But when someone is depressed, that pool is empty. So where would that strength come from then?

• I have started on the treatment pills and have been seeing a psychologist since Christmas. This question is really old, I was at my worst then.

I'm a tiny bit better now because there's light at the end of the tunnel, but I still don't have anything to be excited about when I wake up.

And it really isn't an easy thing to do. I know it's easy for someone nwithout depression to just "get your ass up amd move, force yourself to do things even if you don't want to". But if someone is depressed, you don't even have the energy to force yourself to do anything, let alone do something you hate.

• I get that. But really visualize the other option of doing nothing. You can't want that. You have to fake it till you make it. Your mental health will follow the improvements of your body. I swear. Just think of me in the morning not allowing you to even think about not working out today

• Exercise & get a hobby.
    It took me less than a year to (healthily) lose like 40 pounds, and i made the changes a habit so im still the same.
    I was in a very similar situation, I wasn't happy with my body and had little success with women..soo i changed it

• easier said than done. I hate exercising. It makes me miserable and forcing myself to exercise is like trying to extract energy from an already drained pool. And for what? I don't see any changes, not even after 3 months of exercising twice a week. Granted, it could be because of my thyroid problems, but I just hate exercising because so far, it hasn't brought me anything and only makes me hate it more.

• If you want to lose weight badly enough you can, millions of other people have done. You are telling yourself you can't and are setting yourself up for failure. Speak about it with a doctor. Eat less calories, and more healthily, and just push yourself to get fitter. No pain no gain as they say

• I have tried, been in pain for months but yet no gain whatsoever. And the pain when exercising is not just physical, that I can deal with, but it's also psychological. Read my convo with Kheserthorpe.

• I know what you feel and going through, its a struggle, but to me, as long as I wake up in the morning, my day is going good

• at least you had a boyfriend before meanwhile I haven't had a girlfriend yet

• I don't. I've never had one.

• 25

• I feel your pain because I can relate

What Girls Said 0