A guy once told me, "Any guy would date a female friend if she was attractive."

Is this true? Guys, would you date any of your attractive female friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• The thought is always there but the personality can make or break it.

What Guys Said 12

• more intime relationships among friends can easily

ruin the friendship altogether, friends should stay friends

also, if you go for looks alone, a relationship

"may" not last, as the most fundamental part

of it, is being able to stand each other.

this is also why some people say that

a good personality will shine through ^.~

• If I had an attractive female friend, I would not be very brave to want to date. I'm just not that sure of myself. I might like an attractive female friend, but I would doubt if I had a chance. Also, attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder, so everyone has a different standard.

• Not always. Sometimes you can be friends with a girl and know that she would wreck your head if you were dating.

• Of course.

Why wouldn't guys want to date their attractive female friends?

1. They're attractive.

2. The guy knows that he already gets along great with her.

I guess the exception is if the girl has values that are the exact opposite than the guy.

Would any girl date a male friend if he was attractive?

• I wouldn't date a male friend unless I like him more as a friend.

• You mean "more than a friend", right? I think that's true with men too. We just have female friends that we like as more than friends, but we don't tell them we like them romantically.

• Yes. That's why guys have female friends.

• Well not really, in my case at least. I have a few female friends that I see more like sisters and I would not date them even if they would be interested in dating me.

• If by "date" you mean "have sex with", then - yes. Dating implies I could put up with their personalities.

• If she is attractive and we are compatible then yes.

• I advise against that. Guys should date attractive female acquaintances instead of attractive female friends.

• He must have low standards, LOL.

• Yeah. If you're fairly attractive, most of your guy friends would like to date you or bang you. It's one of the other. The "friendship" will take a backseat if you let it.

• Yes x 2.

What Girls Said 2

• More like "any guy would have sex with a female friend is she's attractive". Don't let them fool you.

• Date, no.

Sleep with, yes.

Guys get in friends with benefits situations with their friends all the time. They don't like them as more than friends and find them desirable enough to sleep with, but don't want to date them.

A guy who is less attractive than his friend may always date her, but a guy of the same attractiveness or more attractiveness may only sleep with her if she isn't a good fit, he doesn't want to be monogamous or he thinks she isn't hot enough to stop sleeping with other chicks. Yes, guys can do that to someone they consider a friend.