If women raise their standards, get more picky as they get older, then logically shouldn't dating get harder

For both women and men as they get older? As in attracting someone for dating and relationships, because it is commonly argued that dating and relationships get easier for men as they get older but it gets harder for women as they get older, I'm talking like 30's and Beyond

Updates:
because a woman in her 30's on a different question said that women raise their standards as they age
they drop their standards in what other specific ways?

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Guy

• I know it doesn't make sense

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I believe dating gets harder for women. Men have it easy because they can get the younger girls + most men don't have standards. Women want to be loved and cared for Long Time by one guy...Trust me though if a women wanted ass she can get some ass...She could b 80 and the dude be 19 LMFAO!

0|2
    0|1
    • are you sure about that?

• yep pretty sure.. go on any dating site. Don't matter what you look like or how old you are as long as you have a vagina.(not saying all guys are like that, some have standards, just saying the girl can get it if she wants it)

What Guys Said 6

• What?!?

Where the hell did you hear that from?

To the contrary, the common joke is that "women are like poop, the older they get, the easier they are to pick up."

See also: link ("you're going to be the branch that she can grab before she hits the ground.")

Physical attractiveness is what makes up the overwhelming bulk of a woman's value as a sexual partner. Take that away, and unless the woman is Oprah or otherwise financially or politically powerful or connected, she is completely worthless to men. Her value is basically that of a cleaning lady, or housekeeper, or nanny, all of whom can be rented for $10-$15 per hour. No man needs to waste time listening to her problems, or caring about her feelings, or otherwise extending her any other kind of courtesy or generosity.

As a function of time, a woman's physical attractiveness diminishes! Each day that goes by, a woman is worth less, and less, and less, and less as a sexual partner (not as a human being, just as a sexual partner). Her negotiating power, her bargaining leverage, diminishes by the day. The quality of man she could have once afforded when she was 19 years old is the kind of man she shouldn't even dream about in her 30s, unless she wants to start feeling depressed. She has LESS to offer this man in her 30s, compared to otherwise available 19-23 year old girls.

0|1
    0|0
  • If women raised their standards, then dating would get harder for both men and women as they get older.

But women don't raise their standards (at least not relative to what men their age offer) they in fact drop them if anything, and dating gets easier for men the older they get as long as they are employed and live on their own.

0|0
    0|0
    • Some of them raise their standards in terms of what sort of behavior they expect, women who were used to being treated badly that is (just as some men wise up). But they drop standards in other ways.

• What are you talking about? There are loads of desperate women with their biological clock ticking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stands to reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully they always have high standards, and this is difficult for everyone.

0|0
    0|1
  • I believe it's harder for women because their attractiveness is fading that's why they're easier to be pickup.

0|1
    0|0