I dated a girl but I'm not sure if its going well or not?

Within one week I met a girl on a dating site went on a few great dates with her.

we had a lot in common and we clicked.

we are supposed to meet again

i sent her a text message saying that I 'had a good time with her'

She also said she had a good time with me

In the last few days she has been going back to the dating site we met.

she said we had a godo time..but she's back there..

how should isee it as?

the first week we met she didn't go on the site.

its after the 3rd date she started going back.
the 3rd date went well...it was brunch and yogurt and then met up a friend.

i also remembered from the dating site she was looking for 'friends'

nevertheless...there has been no word from her almost all week.
sorry..ii forgot to add certain details/

we ended our dates with kissing on the lips every time.
you all gave great answers!

Most Helpful Girl

• the thing about that "looking for a friend" on a dating site is, it gives you more options for dates. Some people, including myself feel like, if you say you are "looking for a relationship" then you are desperate. So even thouhg I wanted a relationship, I choose the option "looking for a friend" because I want my man to be my best friend and my lover, and I'm not the type to just rush into a relatoinship with just anyone. I am actually looking to meet a guy who can be my best friend and that will lead into us being more.

"looking for a friend" means differnt things to different people, that is why you should discuss with your date what it means to her. You wanna make sure you two have the same understading of things, that is why you should ask and not assume. communicate

I went on a date with a guy who said "looking for a friend" and what he really wanted was a f*** buddy. when I met him and he explained to me the kind of friend he wanted. he said "meh I don't really do the whole dating thing, I'm just always really busy, you can come over to my house if you want". He filled out his profile all nicely too but he was not the type of friend that I wanted.

I went on another date with a guy who was "looking for a friend" and he told me "i just want to see where it goes" so I asked him, "where do you want it to go?" and he says, "well, I'm down for anything".. and I said, "so you are down for a relationship and you are down for casual f***ing" and he said "..well I guess"... some guys are afraid to just come right out and say what they really mean. so he was not the type of friend that I wanted because I concluded that he has difficulty with being honest with me.

another guy says "looking for a relationship" on his profile. after the first date he was blowing up my phone like a crazy person. Then he starts sending me angry text message saying "i guess you don't want to talk to me then, you are self centered anyway!" I did tell him that I enjoyed our date and he seems like a pretty cool guy, but jeeze, we went on one date only. I still considered him a total stranger not a best friend or even a boyfriend and then I considered him a crazy person after he did the phone thing so I was done with him. I even told him "friends first" but he still did not understand. I guess he thought I was playing games with him or something but I told him, "i don't even know you!, I'm not thinking of a relationship with you!"

i am currently in a relationship with a guy that I did not meet online. he knew how to be friends first and not pressure me. We talked about ex's and the kinds of guys/girls we like, family, our history, he actually let me get to know him and he really got to know me well and made me feel comfortable with going into a relationship with him. He did not feel like a stranger either because we talked regualrly, I hung out with him and his friends too, and we went on dates but this took a couple of months before I agreed to be his girlfriend

• also, my current boyfriend. Even though we were friends first, we kissed too, but at first, for me, the kiss did not mean that I am gonna have sex with you soon and it also did not mean that I think of you as boyfriend material. it was just a simple, i-like-you-right-now-so-dont-do-anything-to-ruin-it-kiss lol

• you shouldn't try to hold on to someone who is not what you want or else you will just be unhappy, so while you are dating you should be learning about the person. If your views spookl the girl then that is how you know she is not looking for the same things you are looking for. link read my article right here

• If a guy approaches me with the intentions of trying to get sex with no relationship from me, and I do want a relationship, I'm not gonna keep talking to him because I'm afriad he is gonna loose interest in me. Like I can't meet other guys... Do you see the logic in your thinking? Mutual interest is not complicated so you should always be yourself. speak your concerns, ask the questions that you want to know and do it in a fun way too. That way you can weed out the duds much quicker

What Girls Said 13

• untill you have been honest about your feelings, or said to her "where do you see us going?" or you two have talked about a relationship, then you two are just just just friends and she is still gonna try to be available for when someone wants to actually lock her down. she probably does like you since she continued to see you but you still have to give her more signals to let her know that you like her more than just a friend if you want to be more than just a friend with her or else she is gonna just friend zone you and then forget you because I'm sure at her age she is not trying to meet guys to be only just just just friends with.

• i feel like, from the start, you should talk about your intentions. Communicate. and then while you are dateing you should be learning more and more about each other. Do you guys talk durring your dates? Do you only talk about your interests? or have you made an attempt to try and dig deeper and talk about her relationship views, beliefs, wants, concerns, needs, history. Maybe she feels like you two might not be going anywhere because you have yet to get to a deeper level with her

• i agree..i feel I can't say I want a relationship within a week of knowing her.

im not the typical guy to be afraid to commit..but saying something in the first week will spook her.

• If you don't want to be in the friend zone, then lay down your intenions from the start so that the girl knows how she should view you. If you come off as being "just the friend" a guy that she can't have sex with or be in a relationship with, then that is how she is gonna see you. Also durring the first dates if you know you want a relationship then you should be getting to know the girl with that in mind like asking questions about, family, children, "How do you feel about relationships?"

• Just be upfront and ask her about it. 9 times out of 10, a woman should not be afraid to commit and get into a relationship. What us women do not like, is it be strung around and wonder if we are in a relationship or just going on a few casual dates. If you two do end up in a relationship, she should NOT be still going on those dating sites. Since at the moment, you guys are just going on a few casual dates, she is free to do whatever she wants. Not something I agree with, but just stating the facts.

• so one week is nothing fo a woman? she has to explore and get to know the guy more? over time?

is it men that fall faster for women than?

• Well, yeah... Women need to grow an emotional bond with you, we don't like to be wondering if the guy is just using us for sex etc.

• You're only dating and she's just open to dating numerous men so she has a pick. She probably expects you to be dating other women too, not being completely interested in her. She's still a single woman.

• She IS keeping her options open for if you two don't work out, or she might be checking to see if you get on there and how often.

• Um,you guys aren't a couple YET. Give it time. Heck,the guy I was seeing did the same. It doesn't mean she's cheating or isn't interested. It just means you guys aren't exclusive. Until you ask her,she's going to keep going there.

much luck..

• Kinda like real estate. You don't have her under contract yet--- so the sign is still up. She's still on the market. lol Relax-- maybe she likes you but isn't ready to lock it down yet. are you? If so--- let her know...

• i don't know if she is. we had talsk about it and our meeting was casual. she at the point in her life where she wantsto have fun (not sexual) but to be out and maybe she donesnt want to be tied down.

• It's real early days for you guys at the moment for her to call off everyone else. I wouldn't take it personal. It's a little much if after one week you expect her to put all her eggs in one basket so to speak.

• she may not be feeling u,why don't you ask her

• She's still single. Maybe she's not interested in you so's she's looking elsewhere.

• she could be on it just to see if you're still on it... if you're still on it trying to see what she's doing she's going to keep her profile up because she assumes your talking to people still too.

• You two do not connect after the dating? May be she mistake that you have no interest in her, and wanna to find another guy on the site, or she just wanna to find you.

• we connected on the first and 2nd date and wanted the third date.

i admit we were both tired after the 3rd date because we both had long weeks.

• Yeah, I would only be concerned if you guys had been dating for more than a month or so. You're not officially together, so I don't think you should be concerned about it for now.

• the only reason I'm concerned is as far as 'competition' goes..i have a lot against me.

the only thing I have is being honest and my personality. the physical attraction is there..but she can find better in the long run..it sounds like I'm putting myself down..but I know what to excepct.

• its a dating site. SOme people keep going back to their profiles even when they are in a relationship.

What Guys Said 4

• It's not necessarily a bad sign; she's just not ready to be exclusive right now. Some people take longer than others to decide they're ready for exclusivity. Keep taking her out (if you're interested of course) and meeting other women until one of them lets you know she's ready to be exclusive.

• im ready to be exclusive..and I know I'm not intrested in other girls now..i would like to go the distance and she where it takes us.

• Maybe she is dating a few guys at once just to see what's out there.

• 1. Usually by the third date, if people don't feel any chemistry, they move on and start dating other people.

2. There's tons of guys on the internet. She's probably talking to three other guys right now.

• You're only dating and she's just keeping her options open just in case.