How likely are you to use that as an excuse not to date somebody?
- All the time, it's my go-to for rejection.0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- Likely, only if I was trying to be polite.11% (1)14% (1)12% (2)Vote
- Unlikely, I'd look for some other excuse.67% (6)57% (4)62% (10)Vote
- Never, I plan to crush their spirit with the truth!22% (2)29% (2)26% (4)Vote
- I'm desperate and/or have no self esteem so I don't believe in rejection.0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I would never use that to reject someone. It usually can be seen through because eventually they are going to find out that you were lying which is 100% worse. I would tell them the truth as diplomatically as possible. I would usually say something like "It took real courage for you to tell me how you feel and to ask me out. You are going to make some girl very happy. I'm sorry, but I don't feel like I'm the right girl for you. Thank you for asking me though, it was really sweet of you!" Maybe that isn't the best way, but most of the guys and I end up being friends so I guess there are worse things to say.0