He's angry I cut him out my life

I met this guy about a year ago and we dated for a couple of months. It was nice but I think it was generally a bad time for either of us to be dating. There was no argument, it just kind of fizzled out. Fast forward to about 3 months ago and I ran into him. He lives actually very close to me (only about 10 min walk away) so I’d always suspected I may see him again occasionally. We went out for a drink and it was very nice and relaxed and we kissed a couple of times. The next time I saw him, we were in a bar and a random guy tried to grope me and my guy defended me. He looked after me and we went back to his place and had sex.

I carried on seeing him but it was very casual. We had so much in common and would call each other up and text every day. I brought up that I wanted us to date but he said he wasn’t in the right frame of mind. I decided it would be best if I gave us a bit of space, partly because I was a little embarrassed and partly to let me get some perspective. We did start talking again not too long after and he asked me to come over to get food/watch a movie, which I did. Even though I knew it was a bad idea (and told him so to given that he only wanted something casual and I didn’t) we slept together again. I couldn’t help myself. Mid way through, he told me he only wanted me. The next day I text him to say I only wanted to see him and that I didn’t want him to see anyone else. He didn’t reply. The next day I messaged him and he told me he didn’t want to have the conversation via text. Out of being hurt, I told him not to bother. He completely brushed off the fact that I was upset and tried to make light of it.

I decided to delete him from my phone/Facebook etc so as to put some distance between us but he messaged me yesterday and told me he was angry and that it was ‘stupid and I had made my point!’

I don’t want him to be angry at me, I want to be with him but properly with him. Please help ?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to grow up a bit, dear. First - you CAN control whether you have sex. You're a human being with a brain, not some animal. Secondly, STOP discussing emotional matters over text message. You jumped to a conclusion by getting hurt when he told you he wanted to talk to him in person.

You need to call him up and ask him to meet you. IN PERSON. Stop hiding behind technology, and apologize for acting like a child. Tell him (again) that you want an exclusive dating relationship with him. If he does not feel the same way - then you need to tell him that it's best that you don't see each other anymore since you don't have the same level of feelings.

• YES you got it!

• Thanks also for the advice. I could do without the patronising 'dear' however. I am also aware that I am human/have a brain.

What Guys Said 1

• 'we slept together again. I couldn’t help myself'

Bullsh*t. you could have stopped it at any time.

• Hey, thanks for the abuse. Maybe next time be a man, and don't be anonymous?

• Obviously not. But congratulations, you've made a heartbroken girl feel 10 times worse.

• don't ask if you can't handle the answers.

What Girls Said 1

• maybe he got offended when you cut him out. but you should cut contact with him because he doesn't take you seriously. if he was seeing only you and wanted to, he would have no problem replying you back saying 'yes I am only seeing you now' not a big deal.

even he just brushed off the fact you were upset and uncomfortable, just sounds like he trying to ignore it.

my guy and I we are not in boyfriend/girlfriend title, but we both know that we only see each other. and he tells me so every time I ask. that should be the way. and since you guys are having sex, he must convince you about that part especially. I would do the same and already left him if he sounds blur and trying to not get into any serious talk. that's not cool.

if he's upset, he's upset. not your business. its his lost.