Can't get a girl

Well I moved to a new school last year and ever since I moved, I have been in a complete and utter dry rut with girls. I've only ever had one real relationship, but I've had a good amount of hook ups but as soon as I moved it all stopped. At first it didn't really bother me but it's been over a year almost a year and a half since I've been with a girl and it's really getting to me. I'm a big dude, scratch that, I'm fat but I'm pretty tall too. I don't have any confidence issues, I am me and nobody can change that, I'm not afraid to talk to any girl or introduce myself but I get kind of stuck from there. I'm a really really funny guy everybody says. I'm into sports and cars and trucks and partying, I am by no means a nerd or a loser at my school but I can't seem to get a girl. I seem to get lost in a transitional period between first introductions to either friend or potential date. I always end up being a friend, well not always but I always end up talking to girls and it goes nowhere. There's tons of girls from my school I want to go out with but I'm not sure how I can get them to think that I'm interested and pursuing.

Most Helpful Guy

• reiterating what knifeparty said, you need to ask the girl out, eg " hey would you like to go out for a drink.."

Have you ever thought she might think "why doesn't he ask me out..."

And please don't be friends with girls you actually like to go out with.

Its VERY HARD to move from friend to BF.

Also they is no harm in working on your body..

• I guess I've just always waited for the girl to hint like she likes me so I don't make an ass out of myself.

I have been working on my body, I put on a lot of weight after I tore my knee up playing football, I was 316, I'm down to about 285 now and still going down.

• Hey I realised you are still 18, keep on working out and u'll be in great shape in no time.

Dont worry about girls, WORK OUT...

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• When you talk to these girls, are you asking them on dates?

That's the magic secret: ask them on a date when you talk to them.

Some girls will say "no." But others will say "yes"

• Not asking them on dates, just talking, asking questions, getting to know them

It would be weird to ask a lot of them out because they come around our group of friends a lot and come to our parties and stuff

• If you want to get a girl, you've got to ask out a ton of girls. There's no other way.

It's great that you're friendly with these girls. But expecting that friendship will evolve into romance, you're setting yourself up for *years* of anguish. Friendships can evolve, but never wait for it.

If you don't want to ask out these particular girls, ask out *other* girls. And lots of 'em.

• True that.

• When I say adapt to the community I mean to act like you acted where you used to live. One time when I moved, I didn't act myself because I didn't know how I'd be treated.

• I'm the same kid I was at home. I do all the same things, I joke about the same stuff, hang around with the same kind of kids. It's hard for me not to be me so that's not the problem.

• It sounds like you haven't really ' adapted ' to the community. Forget the fact that you haven't dated in a while, forget the fact that your in a new place. Do what you used to do. Take note of what doesn't work and do something else.

• I'm fully adjusted to the community, I'm coming up on the end of my second year at this school