Should I break up with him?

My boyfriend and I have been dating since last January. From the beginning our relationship wasn't really normal. I'm 22 and he's 31, so there was that huge age difference which really didn't matter to me because my parents are 10 years apart. Recently, 2 months ago, I found out that he has kids ( a son and two twin daughters). We had this huge fight but eventually we made up and I'm slowly getting used to the fact that he has kids. But recently I've been having doubts. Honestly he makes me incredibly happy, like I'm still on cloud 9, and everything we do feels comfortable and I hate it when I'm not with him. But I'm also a bit embarrassed that I'm dating this guy. I haven't told my friends everything. I haven't told my parents that I'm dating him at all, I'm dreading that! To top it off I'm moving 6 hours away in a month so if I stay with him we'd be doing the long distance thing. I kind of just want to start with a clean slate and try to find a guy with less baggage. But I'm scared I won't find someone who makes me as happy as he does. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Never listen to fear, for it will steer you wrong each and every time. You have plenty of time to meet great guys who adore you and you in turn adore them. Life has a way of throwing crossroads our way, to see if we are ready for bigger, grander things. Sometimes we just have to make the choice to face the unknown. There are no guarantees that you will meet some great guy, but there are also no guarantees that this guy will continue to make you as happy as you are now. That is the risk we take in the game of love, but the rewards to be gained are so worth it. It is up to you, are you willing to take a gamble and play the game or would you rather sit on the sidelines?

I get the feeling you already know what you want and what to do, you are just having a hard time making that choice or trusting yourself to make the right decision. If you settle just out of fear, you will be short changing both yourself, him, and his kids. In the end, you have to do what is right for you. No one can decide that for you, but yourself. When we do not listen to our gut, very often the very thing we do not want happens. You may find yourself wishing you had made the very decision to leave that you are contemplating now. I know you do not want to end up resenting the choice you made, and perhaps even him. If you feel that this relationship is the right fit for you, than by all means stay! I think you owe it to both of you to do what you feel is the best option, rather than the one that seems the easiest and safest to choose.

What Guys Said 1

• It's really ideal if you break up with him before you move away. It's hard staying in a long distance relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• You are young and you shouldn't have to put up with this. Of course you will find a guy who makes you happy. Don't be surprised if when you leave he and his kids' mother are suddenly oh so happy. Who knows what he's doing all now. You'll thank yourself in the long run. I mean, why did he wait so long to tell you he has kids in the first place. Who knows what more he's hiding,