Is it weird for a girl to ask a guy to hang out just as friends w/o other intentions?

Okay so I do LIKE this guy in my class. We've been working on a class project together for a month, and he is AWESOME. However I don't know if he has a girlfriend, and while he is chatty, he's a private person about his own life details. We do talk a lot and we're on a friendly basis. However, we only have each others email addresses. This weekend I casually asked him if he wanted to meet me somewhere to hang out - I even said I was gonna be with a friend, to take the "intention" out of it. Well, I didn't receive a response, and now I'm nervous as hell. I do like him, but I don't really want him to know that... yet. I want to hang out w/him outside of school so I can eventually get there, but more so I just want to know more about him. I know I'm not really an attractive girl so he probably would never ask me, so I feel like I should take the situation into my own hands. Except now I feel really weird, and bad about it. I see him in a few days and until then... I'm super nervous. Do you think this was bad? How do you think I should act when I see him next?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Just act casual like it wasn't a big deal. That will make both of you feel comfortable about the entire situation. Sometimes guys get a little scared when girls are straightforward. So just play it by ear when you see him next. He might like you.