Am I the only one who find dating rules USELESS?

I'm just wondering if people still read books & magazines that offer love advice. Its like I can't believe those things are still on the market. First of all, not every guy/girl is the same and second, EXPERIENCE is the best teacher. It's best to just be yourself. All of that, "how long do I wait to text/call/kiss/etc" is crap. My thing is that it's just simply not real life. you have to go out there and date around. you might not get the "one" with your first girl/guy or your second or even fifth but KEEP TRYING.. Its like every time I see those dating rules, ie: "what to do to win a guy over" I cringe. Even that "dont sleep with a guy until three months" is a load of bullsh*t. I just felt like discussing this. any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, definitely not the only one. I agree with you 100%. Every last one of us is different so these 'rules' just can't possibly apply to everyone or every situation or every dynamic.

What Guys Said 4

• I never really knew there were any rules.. I tend to just go with the flow or make up my own rules lol

• Trust me,there is rules. Just look at half the questions on here.

"I tend to just go with the flow or make up my own rules lol" good boy ;)

• Haha thanks!

• They can seem that way sometimes lol.

• Well, not all of us are dating gurus like you are and need to resort to these things for a bit of advice. While I do agree that most of the stuff is pretty out there, there's still some good stuff that does actually help us newbies.

I myself haven't dated in 4 years and that was only one date. Being 24 and single most of my life, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to asking girls out, where to go for first dates, making the next move, etc.

I'd rather find one girl I'll be with for the rest of my life (this is why I become friends with girls first) than date around, wasting my time. I'm not in it to have fun. I'm in it to find someone who wants the whole family thing, white picket fence, the whole enchilada. Call me corny or whatever, but that's just me.

• I hear ya but that's not what I meant by dating around. I meant that you should keep dating until you meet the one. It'd be cool if a relationship form from the first person you go out on a date with but it's not always the case. I say screw the rules. there's no formula for having chemistry with someone. Just live & be yourself

• There are really no rules. They are made just for the sake of one night stands and casual sex.

What Girls Said 2

• That makes sense. BUT there is always some general rules that we should follow. For example, respect your date,be generous with the girl you date for the first time, girls should be behave dignified rather than flirting when dating etc. what you think, guys?

• I agree about general rules which is basically common sense, like you can't call/txt the guy/girl you went on a date with excessively (especially if you get no response/the person says they're busy) that's just annoying & common sense tells you its not cool. what's wrong with girls flirting while dating?

• Yes, I never follow the "dating rules". But I've always been in relationships with men who do, so they've never worked out, haha!