She still has my books after break up?

Ive thought a lot about this relationship and pretty much realize its over for sure, for me atleast. She broke it off via text, not wanting to face me, maybe to spare me "emotional turmoil", or to not official end things? Idk, anyway its been a solid week, she has my set of hunger games books that I lent her. Whilst we were in our final text convo, I reminded her about them and she said that she'd drop them in my mailbox this week. She hasn't returned them yet. Now if I had broken it off with her and had her stuff, id try to get it back to her asap and cut all ties. So I'm kinda confused by this, she seemed really eager in texts to sort of suspend or terminate our conversations, but yet she keeps my possessions. Should I give her another week, or could she be using the books as some sort of way for us to re-initiate contact?She definitely is not the type of girl to steal,etc. I just want my freakin books back if she wants things over. I would love to know what others think. Sure id love if she still wasn't fersure about the breakup, but I either want her to return my sh*t and be done with me, or to let me know otherwise.

Our break up ended on good terms, well as good as a text message could be, id just like to hear peoples final opinions. I really don't want to initiate contact about the books, because I'm trying out NC.

Most Helpful Girl

• Get them back as soon as possible. I always end up with a book loaned out to someone at the time we break off our relationship or friendship. I've ended up with books thrashed in various ways (from "my little sister colored on the most important pages" to "oops I accidentally lit it on fire"), "lost," a hard copy "magically" turned into a paperback, and a few people even denied that I ever loaned them the books in the first place. Ironically one of the only people who gave back a book just the way they got it was my ex who treated me like sh*t.

Anyway, I've learned to never ever ever loan books out to people unless you know for sure that you will always be on friendly terms with. Get yours back as soon as possible and don't make my mistakes more than once.

What Girls Said 5

• If she refuses to give them back to you call the police. Seriously if she isn't giving them back to you, tell her that if she doesn't stick to her promises you will have to get the authorities involved. Keep all the texts from her that indicate that they are your books.

I wish you all the best of luck.

• Just text her asking for your books back and arrange a time and place to collect them.

• Get your friend to get your stuff or go with the police

• its just books...

• There are different reasons she could be doing this, and it might be so you have to establish contact again, but it could be simply that she's busy and forgot and figured it could wait til next week.

You broke up through text? Weak dude.

What's more important? Staying no contact or getting your books back? It's pretty simply a matter of you decided what your priorities are and going for it.

What Guys Said 1

• You bettter get the books back before she sells them or gives them away...exes don't tend to want things around that remind them of the departed ex...