When is the normal age to begin dating?

I'm seventeen years old and I've never really dated much. I don't know if this is normal or not, because none of my friends have really dated either. I think it's mostly because the guys at my high school aren't really boyfriend material.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends upon from which country you're coming from ? which culture do you have ?

Personally as coming from India , guys and girls here usually starts dating after 18 years of age.

and I think it's better because both the parties are mature at that age and can make their decision on their own ^_^

What Guys Said 2

• Most start in high school. But some such as myself still haven't had a date in there 20's yet. I would say if you hit 30 and still have never been on a date. Then its abnormal. So your fine.

• 18 is the normal age because of maturity reasons.

What Girls Said 2

• You can start dating when you're ready, Maybe until you meet someone who's worth your time. My friends and I didn't date in high school either. Heck, I'm 20 and I still haven't started dating. My friend on the other hand recently got her first boyfriend. I have yet to do that but I'm not rushing. I want to meet people and work through some things before I get a boyfriend.

So don't feel pressured to enter a relationship because everyone is doing it. You'll know when you're ready. Its different for everyone.

• I think 16 is a good age.