Would you ever date a very shy/borderline introvert?

Mainly the kind of person who doesn't do a lot and sits in the corner by himself/herself. The ones that kind of look like loners, but deep down just want someone to talk to.

Do these kinds of people have a shot in the dating world, or do they have to be more confident?

• Yes, I would date a very shy/introvert
  • No, I would not date a very shy/introvert
  • It depends on how they act

Most Helpful Girl

• You are probably talking about yourself but that introvert will catch someone's attention one day regardless that she is either an extrovert or introvert. Whether you can get along well to have a long lasting relation ship or not there is someone for every one out there .. Gotta believe that. By the way shy and introvert are 2 diff things. Not every introvert is shy. I'm an introvert working as a bartender dealing with people and as long as I get home I feel relaxed and happiest. But I also once grabbed the mic to get the party going, only once. Till this day I wonder how much tequila it took for me to do it but what I'm sayin is overall there's nothing wrong with being an intovert as long as you can maintain basic good relations/relationships with others while still spending most of your time by yourself.. Being shy on the other hand is an issue meeting ppl. It doesn't automatically stop you from meeting people but it only mostly limits the possibility of a new friend while its only the other person who should initiate communication in order for that to happen. Read books by Leil Lownes (not sure ). Books about shyness and how to communicate with anyone etc

What Girls Said 11

• I personally wouldn't, because I'm what you would call an outgoing introvert. I enjoy my alone time, but I'm also very loud and social at times. I would prefer a guy who is more of a social butterfly. However, my best friend is a really shy introvert, and she'd probably date a guy like that. I suppose it depends on the girl.

• It really depends on what you mean by very shy.

I am very extroverted, but am dating an introvert.

He would much rather spend every day on his own doing whatever he pleases than to spend it surrounded by people. In fact, he even told me sometimes that being around people for too long makes him uncomfortable, and he hates crowds. Yet, when placed in a social situation, he manages to hold his ground and makes friends easily.

I, on the other hand, thrive in social situations and constantly love being with people. I always crave social interaction and never get tired of it. I also love being in a crowd. But I get much more shy than him, and often don't talk to as many people as he does at a party and will do the standing in a corner thing until something exciting happens... yet I am by no means introverted.

So in a nutshell... the labels "introvert" and "extrovert" really don't cover everything about a person that fall under one of those categories. My boyfriend, an introvert by nature, trained himself to behave like an extrovert. Me, an extrovert by nature, will act like an introvert until I get comfortable. I guess to finally answer your question... it really depends on if the guy is willing to actively change an aspect of himself that set him back socially, like my boyfriend did.

• I think I'm naturally drawn to confident guys because I think that if they're confident, then they're confident enough to protect me if need be (I get hassled a lot when out, even with partners). However, if the guy was a nice guy and was shy/introvert then I'd probably give him a chance. It does depend on how he acts. If he's really odd, very awkward in social situations and can't have good conversations with me, then I wouldn't date him. If he was pretty normal, fun and still social around me and other people, then I would date him.

• I am an introvert and my boyfriend is an extrovert. It does get a little uncomfortable at times. He likes to go out to bars and hang out with his friends, while I would rather stay home, maybe read or play video games. (I do like to go out sometimes, but not really in groups, like him). He always tells me I need to talk more, which I find annoying. But, yes it is possible for someone who is an introvert to date.

• I would date an introverted/shy person as long as the person is honest and not the secretive type. He should be comfortable with talking to me.

• I love to date a guy like that, I find them attractive, seems mysterious to me but I don't want to make the first move.

• as a very shy/ borderline introvert, yes yes I would

• that depands. If he's shy but can talk to people, then I wouldn't mind. I have really good guy friends who are a bit shy and frankly I kinda like that side of them.

• I probably would, but you should really get out and start talking to more people

• Yes

• I have dated shy introverted guys in the past. Its no problem for me.

What Guys Said 5

• Don't be fooled by the women here. They always pass over the shy guys for the loud jerks, 9 times out of 10.

• If they don't talk AT ALL, then I know it won't be worth it in the long run. Many people are just shy to talk at first, which is absolutely fine. I can't open up a shy girl every single minute for sure.

• Yes, as long as she wouldn't be shy around me, except the very beginning of course but that shouldn't be a problem - I have a natural born talent to make people open up within a reasonable amount of time

• I would, but I'd prefer one who is the opposite of me (extroverted).

• Those introverted people should just have more confidence in themselves. They are missing out on the big part of fun in this world.