Haven't text girlfriend for 5 hours and she's mad? WTF

I am at work and I had more stuff to do then usually and I haven't text her in 5 hours and she got mad but at the same time she hasn't text me either. why would she act like its all my fault.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's mad about that?! Wow, talk about overreacting!

That's something a teenager would get mad about, not an adult woman. I definitely wouldn't take responsibility or apologize because you did nothing wrong. Let her get over it, and change her tampon, haha! :-P

• Thanks for BA :-)

What Girls Said 11

• Just tell her your busy at work, have a short chat with her and ask her what she's up to, make her feel like you at least acknowledge her not ignore her that's just rude, I know your busy but when your with someone you have to make time it's how being someones boyfriend works she isn't being needy to possessive, it's only called that when she asks you where you are wherever you go and gets controlling. When being with a someone it's your job to keep re-assuring them you are theirs and they are yours you can't just stop assuring them because it's very discouraging, that is just how us humans are and we always want to be sure about the one we love. I fancy the socks off a friend and he knows, he likes me too but he's too far so were just friends, he still makes time to acknowledge me though even when his job is probs 10 times more busy than yours, he is a graphic designer and his job is to write software from scratch from codes, make bug fixes etc... that takes up a whole lot of time and he has to take his work home, he still finds time at home to chat to me on MSN no matter what, so just text her back but after a couple of texts tell her you have to go now and you have a lot to do, that you love her and you will see her later, it will be enough to put a smile on her face and make her day dream about you.

• Do you normally text her through work? If that is normal, she might just be thinking something is up with you for you not to be texting her. You've built in this expectation and now you are not meeting it.

I still think she is over reacting though. It's not your fault that you were busy. Stuff happens, people get busy and are unable to text you back, or forget. I am guilty of this myself. I don't go crazy when my boyfriend doesn't text me back right away. I realize he is busy.

I think you need to talk to her. She might very well be insecure. Especially if she has had issues in the past with other guys. Communicate to calm the fears.

• Maybe she just had a bad day? Cause your in the right, you were working you were busy and couldn't text her. It's not your fault, if you wernt busy you would have texted her. Maybe next time try sending a quick text saying you'll talk to her later because your busy or when works over tell her your sorry but you were really busy. And the whole I don't know about the whole acting likes its all your fault, she should've sent you a text but she was probably mad and told herself something like "if he wanted to talk to me he would text me" she was clearly waiting for you to text first but why she got mad only she would know that.

• I think the anonymous answer (guy) is catching on to something.

And to add, if she had something she wanted to tell you or had a bad day, or simply just misses you, then she might start to react the way you do.

• first, are you sure she's mad for that, could be something else, you need to talk to her. If you are sure, run from the batsh*t crazy. Srsly, it only gets worse...

• I guess someone is being NEEDY...which is definitely annoying.

• Sorry but,I do not agree with other users saying YOU need to apologize etc.If she is having a bad day,what does that have to do with you?If she is pissy about something,maybe she needs to get over it and not take it out on you.I'm not sure to say why she is behaving the way she is other than the fact that she is completely needy.Five hours is NO time whatso ever.I would be more upset to not get a message from a guy in a few days,not for a few hours...especially if he is working.

• She is probably blaming you because she wants you to contact her first. She probably doesn't want too be too clingy. Yet she is making a mess of it trying to get your attentioon. She probably just wants you to know she is there. I just went through the same thing. Girls like it when we get sent little texts saying I'm thinking of you or I miss you. It makes us feel good. Any girl likes to to be treated equally. Just call or text her on your lunch break or regular break.

• she might be controlling, possessive, jealous, needy type of person so beware.

• If you don't like her then dump her but if not and she does this quite often, either tell her to stop or just tell her when you're gonna be busy so se knows why you won't answer. I always tell my boyfriend when I'm gonna be busy or out and I can't answer him. Its no biggy. Sometimes you gotta do certain things to keep a relationship going.

• I think there is an automatic text feature that will send texts...for you

• so did you text her back the 6th hour? or at all ? cause if you didn't that she must feel frustrated you're ignoring her.

fyi, its not clingy if she's your girlfriend aka the woman you romantically like/love and she just wants to talk to her boyfriend ya know? you should respond within 24 hours or at least say you will talk later if you're caught up with something.

What Guys Said 5

• Deal with it. If you're born with the penis, you're always guilty.

• Because she is trying to assert that she has more power than you do in the relationship.

• She might be getting unreasonable excuses to break up with you. Check on that man. These women are full of deceit.

• It seems that she has insecurity issues.

• Something similar happened to this girl and I (we're not in a relationship or dating because we live really far apart). We talk everyday, but that passed week we hadn't been talking much and she started to feel distant. I looked back and realize that it was my fault since I hadn't been making her a priority since I was caught up with work and school. Maybe she's feeling the same, just look back, her flipping out on you like that was probably build up anger/frustration. Apologize and tell her you see where she's coming from.