Should I keep dating him even though we hardly talk??

I have known my boyfriend for over 7 years and dated for over 4. He is a nice guy, but very unromantic and is quite childish. He often says that he doesn't have time to plan dates or that he has too much on his mind, like thinking about his future to plan dates for us. so I plan over 80% of our dates through out our relationship. We see each other 2-3 times a week usually for 2-8 each time. He thinks that he spends a lot of time with me but I feel that most couples spend quite a bit more time together than us. He left to go to New Zealand to play rugby on March 2nd, and we have been talking less and less. we hardly ever Skype and when we do it is usually only for 15min or less and other than Skype we only FB message each other. Most days we barely say 20 words to each other. He never talks to me unless I talk to him first and even then it feels more like pulling teeth to get anything from him. He didn't tell met that his family cancelled their plans to move to Thailand or that his sister who was there with him was coming back to Canada, and I ended up finding out through his parents when I went over for a visit... apparently he just assumes that I know... he also didn't tell me about his friend David going to stay with him either... I just don't feel like this is a relationship when we just say good morning to each other everyday and that is basically all... I understand that he is busy there, but really he can't send me a quick message during break, after work, during the drive to practice, before he goes to bed?

Most Helpful Guy

• some guys just don't like sharing things, but 4 years together is a long time. maybe he has just started taking you for granted a little bit?

When he gets back I would meet up, sit him down and explain all this to him and how it makes you feel. if he really cares he will try to improve for you, but remember some guys just tend to have a nature of not wanting to share things as much as girls do.

What Guys Said 1

• It seems that your relationship is dying out.

You should consider opening your options again.

What Girls Said 1

• I'll just tell you that it is indeed a lot of time spent together per week. During the school year, my boyfriend and I see each other one night and at lunch once or twice a week. He's graduated now so for next year, it might be just one night a week, exactly like it currently is while we're in our internships. Needless to say, it ain't enough for me, but as long as it's temporary I'm settling for it.