Is it advisable to date other women if you want your ex back?

Even if it's months after the breakup and she dumped you? I would not necessarily want to make the ex jealous, but if she does not want me back, I feel I need to keep my options open.

What do the ladies think?

Guys can chime in too if they have some insight/experience.

Thanks.

Thanks, all. I actually poured my heart to her when we first broke up, to no avail. I didn't want to grovel back even though she seemed friendly to me a few months. However, a month passed between that friendly exchange and the last one, in which she was ice cold to me. In that month, I did go on some dates (nothing serious) and was seen out by her friends with an attractive female friend (totally innocent and platonic). Cold this have possibly pissed her off even though she dumped me? Thx.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't advise it, because I would hate to find out a guy I'm flirting with actually wants to be with someone else than me. I would find it insulting, I don't want to be a rebound.

It's alright to date other women if you want to move on, you're no longer dating your ex, but be honest about it. If you're not looking for someone new to build something, don't let the women out there believe you are :)

As for getting your ex back, perhaps doing what lotsavagyna said would work :)

I hope it'll work out for you either way :)

What Girls Said 8

• Why wouldn't you date other women? It's moving on from her, you need to get out there and maybe that way you can find a woman who's more suitable for you. I don't see why you shouldn't actually.

• Try online dating like pof.com it's a free great dating site. For now check out the site or just keep it to texting with girls or both. But you have to try to win your ex back! Tell her how you feel.. Put it all out on the table...give it your all or nothing at all. O and how long were you two together? Is it worth salvaging? I nearly lost my boyfriend but I put my heart out on the table and won him back. I've done this with past boyfriend that didn't take me back. But me having done that putting my heart on the line and them still rejecting me helped me move on. Best of luck! She might not want you right away but she might give you a chance to fix it by spending time together...don't screw it up!

• She left you... Please go date and forget her. It's not good to get her back based on my experience they leave once they gona keep leaving and coming back and it will be unhealthly and drive you crazy.

• She dumped you so don't hold your breath about her taking you back. Move on with you like and live as if you'll never get back together again. Be happy and open to it but don't get your hopes up.

• your ex made her decision, so go out and meet other women, it's her loss. Don't let her be a reason why you can't go out, she isn't an option anymore.

• No not recommended you do to

at worse way thing to do in play games with your ex she won't like you for it

• he isn't playing games, he's single...

• I am honesty not playing, but I can see how it can appear that way to my ex and others. I would love for my ex to contact me, but she hasn't. Except for the last, she has been friendly to me in front of others (she may be sincere or does not want to appear as the "bad guy" to mutual friends), but otherwise did not initiate any contact with me. I feel she should since she dumped me, and I already poured heart out to her during the breakup. Am I letting my pride get in the way of pursuing her?

• Time for you to move on .

• Just go ahead and do so as long as you don't make other girl your rebound.

What Guys Said 5

• If she dumped you months ago, and you're not back together...she doesn't want to get back together with you. You're wasting time waiting for something that won't happen.

• forget the ex, she dumped you she doesn't want you, period. go dating and keep options open and you will soon find a very nice girl to go out with

• I'd say date when you feel ready.

• Perhaps tell her that if you don't want me back you are going to start dating again?

• Yes, it's advisable. After all, you're not official at the moment.