If you weren't really interested in a guy would you...

If you went out this a guy on a few dates, but weren't really interested in text messages to him, would you still put exclamation points and haha's like "hahahahahaha!".

This girl I met is always so busy and occupied with her new dog that I barely get to see her. However, she does answer texts and return my calls. I am relatively new in town and she probably knows she'll run into me from time to time. We also made out a little over a week ago and grabbed brunch once since. I just want to see her more.

I should have been clearer. She has a one year old puppy that when I'm with her is so distracting to her. She doesn't use him as an excuse not to see me, but he's always around when I'm with her. She does see me just to go to lunch or dinner, but can never really just hang out because she's got so many businesses she's doing work for so she has no time. I just feel like why would she text so many exclamation points and be so friendly? Why not just a short direct response to get me to back off?

Most Helpful Girl

• Umm ... she's too busy with her dog to see you? That sounds like a very lame excuse. Sorry but I don't think she's that into you. If you're into someone, you're going to make time to see them. The less interested you are, the less important seeing them is to you. She's not as interested in you as you are in her. Writing explaination points in text messages means absolutely nothing. I think she's made it pretty clear that you are not a huge priority in her life.

• I should have been clearer. She has a one year old puppy that when I'm with her is so distracting to her. She doesn't use him as an excuse not to see me, but he's always around when I'm with her. She does see me just to go to lunch or dinner, but can never really just hang out because she's got so many businesses she's doing work for so she has no time. I just feel like why would she text so many exclamation points and be so friendly? Why not just a short direct response to get me to back off?

What Girls Said 1

• Sorry to say but I have to agree with ya ya ask already. She is not interested in you and it's a very poor excuse in spending time with her dog. If she was interested she would certainly make the time to see you. Any woman who is interested in a man would MAKE the time to see you. Sorry to give you the news. I know how you feel though.

What Guys Said 1

• Dude, it sounds to me like she's just not that into you man. A girl who likes you makes the time to hang with you, she's using her puppy as an excuse to see you briefly and keep her attention with you, probably to keep you from making a move.

Also "hahahaha!" and the like isn't nearly anything to look at. Youve never texted something similar to your guy friends? It has no hint of an indicator of interest at all. I'm sorry my man but I think its "on to the next one" for you. Good luck!