Why do girls assume that if a guy texts them he likes them?

So at my campus, some girls that I text assume that I like them, but I don't? Have you realized this too guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• because those girls are looking for something and you are giving them the attention. if you are 1/2 decent in looks and flirty...they will crash on you lol

• I have been called hit b4 that's true . So that might be it

• Thank you so much for best answer lol you know that will still not be enough to get me to crush on you lol

Have fun and enjoy your youth ;-)

• LMAO , lol . Can you go unanonymous?

What Girls Said 21

• OK. So If you are their close friend, they would probably NOT think you like them (maybe you are just thinking that they think you like them? IDK)

But if you aren't very close to them and text them just to get to know them better, they probably will think 'maybe he is interested in me' because you know, some guys are really shy and it, to lots of girls are probably unusual that a guy is texting them.

But mostly, it really depends on the language you use and what type of girl she is. If you, in her opinion used flirt "language" then, she will obviously think you are flirting. But if the girl is very self-concious type of girl, she might just have too much confidence in herself that she is probably thinking every guy (including you) is desperately in love with her.

Yeah, girls can be very confusing sometimes and it really is hard to understand them sometimes, but you have to live that way ;]

• Some women have mostly only women friends. So when a guy texts them it might be unusual and a sign of interest.

Also even coming from the position of a person who basically has mostly male friends, I've now learnt as most women do at some point like 99% of these guys are communicating or hanging out with us not only to be friends! Unless they are gay. I mean 99% of these guys have some relationship or sexual interest in us and just kinda testing the turf by hanging out etc. once you are not that into them or they give up or move on, see how frequently they text now or hang out. Like 0% of the time. Guys who are contacting girls usually do if a) work/hobby/sport/group activity related purpose b) romantic/sexual/get to kno you purpose c)"just to hang out"

It's very rarely ever just c). I mean girls do c) more that guys do. If they are lonely or bored can call up a guy friend. That's why you never hear girls complaining about being "friend zoned", cos most guys don't even have a zone like that. Most guys if they have female friends, don't rule out the possibility of having sex with them it's definitely up there. Especially if a girl is attractive to them.

• So your saying were perv's , lol ?

• Im not saying you're pervs, I'm saying most guys have an agenda beyond just friendship to begin with. They might be interested or exploring the possibility of being the boyfriend or lover to the girl they are interested in. Most guys rarely hangout to just be friends. Sometes guys with gfs or otherwise unavailable in some way will hang out as friends, or childhood friends, or hang out once or twice with someone they know, but not regularly

• Most guys don't really give me the time of day. We might talk and text every now and again or be Facebook friends but if a guy is showing me more attention than usual or more than what is normal from other guys then yes, I will assume he is interested.

• And you would reject him lol

• Cuz girls do that some times

• Well duh. People misinterpret signals all the time. If I believe someone is interested in me and I am not interested in them, its not that I reject them, I just distance myself.

• It depends on the comments you make and the tone you use. If you send flirty texts a girl will surely get confused.

• HAHAHA when really let me guess you wanna just get to know them and their little part. It hasn't even hit the "like stage"

• Because they are girls and you are probably being flirty in your texts

• Maybe you're being flirty without realizing it. Talking about sex or bodies, you can see why they might think you're flirting. Or you could be very sweet to them, too sweet. Sending hearts, kisses, always listening to their problems etc. Or you're just responding too often.

If you were to eliminate all of these, there would still be girls who think you like. They'll believe what they want to believe, I guess.

• Simple! you are paying them attention, and if you are saying buzz words that trigger off infacuation in our head then we bizarrely create fantasies that you have feeling for us.

It's a curse that 'girls' are born with and is developed to control as women ( not all though as most are still learning)

• :-)

• A lot of guys assume if I'm not mean to them I like them...

• That's rare

• I don't mean stare... I mean look in their direction once and maybe accidentally make eye contact for a second. Maybe it's just where I'm from! It's pretty odd...

To actually answer your question though I think it might be because so many people seem to be under the impression that guys and girls can't be nonsexual friends therefore they do assume every guy texting them is interested.

• Yeah , it's kinda bad that we want a girl for Sex , someone told me a relationship is just a nicer way of banging a girl

• It totally depends on what you're saying in those texts. O_o

• But I'm just being nice , they shouldn't assume that I like them

• because your a flirt! Girls are not that dumb you know

• Talking to a girl is not flirting ? We want to get to know her that's all

• yea but it depends how many questions and what kinda questions do you ask her , you know. if you just keep on asking questions one after the other to a girl she would definitely think that da guy is interested in her. Get it?!

• Yup

• I don't think like this...if a guy texts me, I just take it for what it is, that he wants to says that particular thing to me at that particular time.

• LOL I don't assume this, but maybe you are too flirty in your texts?

• it allll depends on how you text them and what you say, if you be like 'girl you loooked hot today' then yeah theyre gonna think you like them :p but if its just normal talk, then maybe the girls are just looking for someone to talk to

• Ok , but we do complement when we don't like them either way

• yeah but it depends, like girls take compliments in an different way IF your a good looking guy, because they may get the wrong impression

• Ohhh

• Well if you're telling them about your private life I can see why. Maybe they think that by trusting them with your life means you like them. You can let them know that they're good friends so they don't get their hopes up:)

• Ya I should , by the way your quite beautiful . ( don't assume anything now lol )

• because most guys don't talk to girls or contact them unless they either like or want to f*** them.

• 80% to fu*ck them . 20% like them

• Sometimes playing it safe. I try not to assume that a guy likes me just because he texts, but just recently, I found out that a guy who texted me and liked hanging out, who I thought of as a friend, actually liked me and wanted more. If I had assumed from the start that he liked me, I might have figured out a way to let him down gently in the beginning instead of all at once after he thought I liked him back.

How do you know they assumed you liked them, did they say so?

• They tell other friends ( like my guy friends )

• Some people don't think men and women can be just friends. So when a man and a woman contact each other, the other misunderstands the attention and assumes it's of a romantic nature.

I never assume someone likes me (like that) just by contacting me or exchanging numbers or anythjg. I have a lot of guy friends so if a guy just acts friendly, then I just take him as a friend. If it progresses, so be it.

• Um, you boys have your stupid giddy infatuations as well

• Hahahaha, lol , then why do you love is ?

• cause he wants to talk to her and get to know her

• Lol , for friendship duh!

What Guys Said 3

• That seems to be the common notion. Well, we can't do anything about it.

• Yup lol , look how many girls answerd this .^^ they're freaking out because we found out ! Lmao

• Yep. Tons of girls are way too high on themselves.

• I'm going to go a little further and saying that most girls assume guys like them if they text.

Sadly it's the same when we approach them for the first time; most girls seem to think that we want them for a relationship; it's almost as if they hear wedding bells :(

• LMAO, yeah bro , I mean that's a problem . Bc some times if they think your not attractive they'll stop talking to u

• We're not psychic, we don't know what they want right away...so they only assume we like them because we're talking to them

• That's true