Why did he text me in the first place?

I recently joined Okcupid.com, I met this guy on there and have been talking for two weeks now...The other night I gave him my phone number since we had been talking two weeks and it seemed easier to text then to message online. He actually saw the message and texted me at 3:00 am that night saying "I realized it's late (or early?) but I just saw your OKC message and thought I'd send a quick text...Its great to be home, had a blast with old friends. Hope you had a good night! Sleep well :)"

The strange part is we texted the next day, but after about 6:00 pm he stopped texting. Taking into consideration, he lives a great distance from me (I'm in South Carolina and he is in Nebraska). My question is why he would even text me in the first place if he was just going to quit the next day?

Most Helpful Girl

• he probably met somoene else. it's online dating, he's talking to a lot of different people.

What Guys Said 1

• He didn't quit. It must be that he went out again and had a blast at parties with his old friends.

What Girls Said 1

• he sounds like he is in a relationship,the fact that you told him to call you and he would rather text is a big red flag