Got her number. Called and left a message. Have not heard back in 3 days. Need advice for my next step!

Well, I got a girl's number through a mutual acquaintance who was talking about me and the girl happened to overhear and was interested enough to pass on her number. Called her Thursday night and left a voice message. It is now Sunday night with no word back. What is my next step?

I know it has been Mother's Day weekend, but I feel like if there was any interest she would have at least somehow gotten in touch. So I'm thinking one more call attempt (either tonight or tomorrow night) and then call it quits if no response that time. Thoughts? Suggestions? Should I text instead of call this time? All opinions (girls and guys) appreciated.

Majority rules in this situation. I won't be calling again. I appreciate the advice from everyone. Sometimes things don't work out...thems the breaks. You guys have actually given me the closure that she could have given with a simple "not interested" text or call. I appreciate that. Good luck to the rest of you in your romantic endeavors.

Most Helpful Girl

• a guy did this to me, he seemed so interested in me, couldn't be away from me in person! as soon as I texted him, he never ever replied and ignored me day after as well.

i never looked twice at him again. never acknowledged him. and our 'friendship' in person was over. I don't trust shady people like that. he kept trying to say hi to me in person not once did I look at him. someone ignores my advances I don't give a sh*t if theyre dead or alive.

i think its so CHEAP when someone ignores ones texts or calls. because people live on their fake cyber life on Facebook twitter all day long and are glued to their phones. and they forget that there are real people in person you could be having quality time with. and when someone tries to connect with you and calls your phone, and you never reply, it shows how cheap you are that you can't spare some love/feelings/friendship.

i don't care if a guy was into me or just platonic friends, if he texted or called me, id return their call. its proper courtesy and professional. plus its networking. that friendship could turn into more and he could be a good asset to me. our friendship could benefit us both.

so if someone doesn't reply to your call or text, just label them as CHEAP. cause that's what they are. selfish people with hearts of black coal.

What Girls Said 3

• After three days and no call she's likely not interested. She MIGHT be away without her phone but even so, let her be the one to contact you.

It takes a few minutes at most to call someone. If she wanted to she would regardless of how busy she is.

• I wouldn't do call #2. Unless she got a concussion and forgot how to use a phone, she saw that voice mail. Ball's in her court, you've done your part. Either wait patiently or move on.

I'm not a fan of getting a bunch of texts or calls when I haven't replied to the first one, there's usually a reason for why I haven't. Just saying.

• She's not interested. Delete her number and move on

What Guys Said 4

• Anything could have happened. Give her a call one more time letting her know you would like to hang out and would like to get to know her a little bit more. If she does not call back. Move on.

• If a girl straight up ignored me, I wouldn't go after her again. I wouldn't be a "chaser" in this situation. She got your voice mail and chose not to reply, it sucks but it is what it is.

• Ye move on if she was really interested she wouldve replied by now

• You should just move on now. She's definitely not interested in you.