Relationships with soldiers, how do I deal with it?

My boyfriend had his first swear-in today after MEPS. I understand the next step is basic training and from there he will be relocated, what I don't know is how to deal with it. I come from no military background, but I care about him and therefore I plan on supporting him no matter what. Somehow he has yet to get a date for basic training, but he has a confident date for deployment (which is in 13 months) don't get me wrong, I am so incredibly proud of him, but I'm also terrified. I guess it never fully sunk in how real it was until today. How do I handle it?!

What Guys Said 1

• You should always be there for him. Try to spend as much time as possible with him now, so that you'll never have any regrets before he'll get deployed.

Worry about your relationship when he finally gets off. Now, do things that will make you happy with him.

What Girls Said 0