He hid a message and said I was overreacting?

I was dating a guy and eventually became "official". However, one night he was texting a girl and she mentioned she didn't like him kissing other girls. He later told her he was coming down to visit only her. I asked him what this meant and he hid the message and said I was overreacting. My question is, was I overreacting or was I being overly jealous?

Thank you everyone for your answers! It is nice to know I was not overreacting.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he is cheating on you girl.So,unless you're in an "open" relationship...you have every right to be not just JEALOUS,but raging mad.I don't think jealous is even the word to use here.If those were the words you read from the texts,then you're getting played...and badly.But the real question is,will you allow it?And if you do,he will lose all respect for you and he will keep doing it again,and again.Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• Neither. You have every right to know what's going on. Especially when it says something like that. You were spot on to question him and when he reacted like that it really means he's hiding something from you and by the text messages someone from you and is trying to turn it around on you. You were right to do what you did and he was wrong for what he did. He was cheating on you.

• You should be acting very jealous. His action is very shady and it might connote that he's doing things behind your back.

• I don't think you were over-reacting.

He 's acting suspiciously.

What Girls Said 5

• link

Get out now.

• He's doing things behind your back (he is probably thinking of cheating on you, or he has already done it). You're not over-reacting.

DO NOT TRUST HIM.

• No I think you have every right to ask what's going on. Especially if he's you're boyfriend. I think that if he made it offical then he should be committed to you not on texting some other girl. You should be the ONLY girl he texts in regards to romantic relationships.

• Sorry to say this but he needs to go... all the red flags came up he is a cheater and a player and it is time for him to go

• manipulators often turn it around to the person they're putting one over on...if he flipped it and made you the bad one then you definitely are not over reacting. He's clearly macking on this other girl and you're being naive.