Why sweet men and women do not seem to want to date each other?

Is it me? It seems in a majority of cases, married couples excluded, there seems to always be a sweet person dating a non sweet person in any given couple. Is it a powerplay dynamic that occurs making it so or is it that two sweet people get bored of each other and feel unstimulated sexually and intellectually? Is it that people need a challenge per say and that simply opposites attract? or could it be that a sweet person needs to feel sweeter than their partner and be accepted by someone who nobody else would think of dating if they knew the truth because of how hypocritical or mean they are?...Its more of a generalized opening to the topic I am trying to develop here...to further my knowledge base revolving around such questions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually, people you would consider sweet are generally shy people. How likely do you think that two very shy people will have the confidence to approach each other and start dating? It's usually the confident (not so sweet) person who takes the lead, approaches the shy sweet person and initiates conversation and usually makes the first move and ultimately initiates the relationship. However, I'm sure there are many couples which consist of two shy, sweet people who have plucked up the courage to ask each other out or have done so online. Or they're two very sweet people who are confident as well.

You could say that it's also a case of opposites attracting as well.

I would think that sweet people tend to not realize how sweet they are and are pretty modest, so don't strive for a partner who makes them feel sweeter!

What Girls Said 5

• i can def. identify with you good sir, that's how I've felt forever, opposities seeming to attract.

but def NOT in my case, I'm a sweetheart and love romantic gentleman, I mean we are who we attract. But my grandparents were married for 70 years and my grandpa was the sugar and my granny was the spice. in their case it worked. I guess whatever one person is missing the other makes up and compensates for. I'll never get it, but I look at it this way, if 2 people are exactly alike wouldn't they bore each other, good people deserve each other, and I couldn't agree more.

you can bet your bottom dollar than out of the 2 good people, one of them is more "spicy" than the other.

hope that helped happy dating <3

Merry Christmas

• Cause it gets boring if those two types end up together. It's too ...sweet

• yep, opposites attract. but the couple has to have the same base morals

• Opposites attract

• you often look for qualities in others you wish you possessed. Like if you aren't an extrovert you might be attracted to someone who is because you wish you were more outgoing and you find that attractive. that's my theory anyway lol

What Guys Said 7

• There can only be one leader.

I had a woman once tell me this:

"The bottom line is we all want men to be more powerful than us. Whether that comes in the form of his money, his job, his confidence, his strength or his ambition."

• That woman sure was honest about the hypergamous nature of women. Always good to hear them tell the truth.

• I agree that often there is a pthologyinvolved in couples..like the good cop/bad cop stereotype..

Of course, we don't see their life with each other. Often quarrels that occur in public arise from things that have happened in their pivate lives, that they unknowingly take out on each other when they are with others. I think, often, there are more conflicts in 'public' than they have in their more intimate life together.

• You might be onto something. I know plenty of couples that break this rule though too. My guess is if its true, it most likely has to do with dominant personalities mixing with a submissive one. In that regard, opposites attractive. Submissive wants a leader, dominant wants someone to control .

• In a nutshell:

Cause both are (usually) physically unattractive, so they gotta develop other things, like a nice personality.

• diagreed. They could be an ugly duckling growing up or grew up with good values.

• Ying and yang. All things must be balanced.

• Because people are under the very wrong impression that opposites attract. It's untrue, opposites distract. They distract you from the fact that you are not compatible with a few moments of overwhelming glamour, and that distraction is very temporary. Nice people eventually learn that hooking up with bad boys or party girls won't ever make them happy, though its usually a long and painful process.

• It's because they want the opposite of themselves to complete their lives.