I'm the only girl in my prom group with a date and the other girls don't want him at the preprom or postprom

What should I do? I understand not letting him go to post prom Because it's basically a girls sleepover and preprom is getting ready and more girlie stuff but I was at least hoping they would e cool if he joined the dinner at one of my friends houses but they're not... I feel really bad because he's coming from a city an hour away to be my prom date and he's paying fifty bucks just to go to prom with me and then he has to go back home. Should I skip preprom with my friends and spend it with him? Bt then I also miss pictures with my friends... But if I go with them I miss time with him and pictures with him. What do you guys think? I'm trying to find a good compromise but all I can think of is maybe getting ready with my friends and going for dinner with my date(and hopefully the pictures with my friends would be done before dinner) then I'd meet back up with everyone at prom

Never mind, problem avoided. He found out that his band has a recording session that he can't miss this Saturday. Thanks for the answers though!

Most Helpful Girl

• Do pre-prom with him. You'll still have all night for pics with your friends, so you won't really be missing out. You shouldn't let your friends keep you from spending time with a guy who is going out of his way to go to prom with you. If you wanted the day to be about you and your friends then you shouldn't have accepted when he asked imo.

What Guys Said 3

• How childish and selfish is that! F***your friends if they don't like you date.

• If you feel uncomfortable going to all those pre and post, then don't go. Just attend the main event.

• LOL. Sounds like your friends are jealous.

What Girls Said 2

• Bring him anyway... don't let your friends ruin this night for the two of you, it's your day, do what you want. They're teenagers, what are they going to do? Ignore you?

• Skip preprom with your friends and do something with him. If they don't understand then maybe they aren't the people you thought they were.