I have been quiet throught all 3 of my high school years and now the prom is coming up, have I hope of a date?

I am just really shy and not a lot of girls have ever approached me for even casual conversation.

Most Helpful Guy

• You realistically have almost zero chance of a date, because girls do not approach guys and you don't seem to have taken this fact on board yet, despite years of high school and the chance to observe the opposite sex in action.

If you can get off your ass and approach girls, you have a non-zero chance of getting a date, but I don't see how you'll do that given your current personality settings.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe ask a girl who's also shy/quiet? There's probably a couple of girls at your school who are thinking the same things as you.

• Well I think it's time you came out of your comfort zone and begin approaching girls.. You will never get the confidence if you just sit by the sidelines. Can you involve yourself in some of the preparations for the prom?. Good chance to talk to others and gain the confidence. You have hope of a date of course, you just need to mingle and be approachable. Talk to people don't wait for them to talk to you, you will regret it further down the line if you don't..

What Guys Said 1

• You should have hope. There are a lot of girls who don't have date.