Why won't he just ask me out?

Me and this guy have been friends for a while, but we just really started hanging out and talking. He always texts me saying how he loves seeing me and can't wait to see me this weekend. We've gone to the movies, park, and the carnival for the past two weekends and we're going to the movies again this weekend. When we hang out we don't call it a date, but when we see his friends they're all like "You two are so cute" and "Have fun on your date!", and he just smiles. And all his friends know my name even though I don't know them, so I think he talks about me to them. When they see me they're all like "Oh is this ____? Hi!". Every one thinks we're dating because we're together all the time, but nothing has happened to make it official. People always comment on how cute we are that we're dating, and he doesn't deny it. Why hasn't he asked me out? Is there anything I can do to let him know that I want him to?

oh and he's not shy. Like at all. He's that loud kid in class that drives the teacher crazy.

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems that he's just shy. Give it time, and spend more time with him so that you'll encourage him to ask you out.

What Guys Said 2

• You could always ask him out, don't be sexist. :P

• He might be very shy/slow. I was like that with some girls when I was that age...mainly because I was scared of messing things up...and the girl was super formal. So, my advice for you is to flirt a little! Get into his personal space and see how he reacts. And yes, the girl below is right. Definitely say you like him. Some people are just very slow at things. Keep hanging out with him!

What Girls Said 1

• I mean you could egg it on just a tad if you wanted to.. but maybe he's just getting a feel for you! He obviously likes you if you guys keep hanging out... Maybe he's the type to take things slow. You could say something like "I'm kinda sorta starting to really like you... but, I'm not really sure how you feel about me so I didn't want to say anything." See what he says! :) Good luck girl!