Why do guys disappear?

Quick story, met a man while being out, spent all day together, went out to dinner,talked for hours, he texted me the same day and all day next day already asking to see me again, again talked for hours, messaged me Thursday, didn't hear from him during the weekend so I messaged him Sunday with a quick hello, mentioned finals coming up and how stressful they are that I'm gonna walk to the bar to take a shot after, he told me to take one for him,i suggested that he should come with Monday funday and to that he wrote "lmaooooooooo" ...and nothing since, can someone shine some light on this situation

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you just met him once randomly. Sometimes these things fizzle...

I hate to say it, but he may have already moved on, found someone else to pursue. Just because he had fun with you that day, and texted you a lot afterward, doesn't mean it was anything more than just fun for him.

I think a lot of guys also have the strategy of coming on stronger and more serious than they really intend to be, because they fear that if they don't come on strong and immediately ask to see you again, they'll make a bad impression.

Then when they see that you're actually taking them seriously, they back off, because they were never that serious in the first place. Best case, they just got caught up in the moment. Worst case, they were playing a game and they realized they already won, so no need to keep playing it.

And this isn't just specific to guys, because many women have done that to me as well.

What Guys Said 1

• It seems that he doesn't want to spend time with you anymore. He's being vague, thus it appears he's uninterested.

What Girls Said 5

• Here is a hint and tip I may not be best at advice but you did nothing wrong but if he responded with that do the silent treatment ignore him don't text him don't answer his calls for a week or so trust me he well call if he has good intentions become more busy when one avoids guys or ignores them pretends too be super busy if they are interested in anything they well haunt you down. This just happen too me and its great feeling when guy looks for you and your like omg lol. Little adivce if a man is enterested he well put effort if he don't message you again move on you can't beg a man for attention trust me if he is enterested he well contact you meanwhile no contacting him at all. I ignored a guy half a day and he was worried I was mad lol trust me this works

• girl it happened to me too. and the answer is he was never serious to begin with, he was just playing along enjoying time pass liked the attention you gave him. may be he was bored.

some guys have short attention spans when it comes to dating/love...they live in the moment and have fun with whatever girl that's around but next day theyre back to their 'routine' whatever that may be.

i know it sucks, because we get our hopes up and we like the connection we developed with him, and then whoosh! he's gone. guys like that are immature and mentally like little boys. they haven't become real grown mature men yet.

so look at it as you dodged a bullet, who wants to be with an immature douche anyways? go out have fun meet real men.

also I'm learning this too, but we shouldn't be so available and easy for guys. let guys chase.

• You know what? If a guy isn't available during weekends he is probably someone taken.I know its too early to make a conclusion but Its a red sign.A single man is always available any times and wouldn't just disappear without any good reasons.I am talking based from my experience.

• It's been a while since the last text ... something's up, the other responder has good suggestions. Just giving my impression. When things are going smoothly you know they're going smoothly.

• Maybe he's doing something else right now. Most people don't text all day because they like a person so much. They do it because they're bored.

Also, were you drunk on this day of fun? Because maybe you missed some detail about him, like that he's not in the area or works weekends or something.

Or maybe he's a jerk and has a girlfriend/wife or something and was just texting you a lot to try to get in your pants right away.

It's hard to tell with randoms.