Should I stop texting and calling him after he said "do what`s best for you"?

He got upset with me after bugging him about my unhappiness with the relationship. I told him that I still love him and willing to dedicate myself for him. He said "we`ll see". "Do whatever makes you happy, right now, I can`t help it." We have no more communication after that. I can`t stand having no communication at all. I kept calling and txting him but no answer. once, I begged if I could just hear his voice to make me sleep, then he called me saying "good night, miss you, sweet dreams". The next day, I text and called him many times but I got no reply. I was so disappointed. What is he trying to do with me? what can I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand the desire to reach out when you love someone, but you really need to back off a little bit. You're only going to push him further away by badgering him like that. If you stop calling and texting, he might wonder what you are doing.

However, if he has already stopped replying and you continue to call and text, it might be too late. Backing off is honestly your best option at this point. I know how hard that can be but try and be strong. Respect yourself more. No one is worth degrading yourself for. Best of luck to you.

What Guys Said 8

• your smothering him! give him some space, no one wants someone up there ass all the time. if your smothered what do you do? you go up for air that's most likely what's going through his head I have been there and your message sounds exactly what my ex used to sound like. give him some space you never know he may come running lol

• This is so unusual for a man to play with a woman's feelings. That sounds like what is happening with you. To me it's obvious he does not want to be with you. Stop texting and calling him. There is a guy out there for you who will not play with your emotions and be a man and treat you with respect and love. Good luck

• He wants his freedom; he doens't want to be tied to you and your needs and moods.

Sure he has affection for you, but he won't be there for you, as they say, very often.

• Sorry sweetie but it's time to let him go, he's already in the process of letting you go if he hasn't already. Obviously he feels retch about it since he at least gave you that good night. It's time to say good night to this relationship and put it to rest sadly. When men make up their minds, most of the times, we are set in our ways.

• Il try not to be harsh but if I ever said that it means I no longer care about you, certainly not enough to work things out, you should prepare for the worst. I know it's difficult to accept but I'm sure you agree that even yourself 'would you want to be with someone who doesn't want you?'

• You should stop.

• He's not worth it anymore. He's not working out your relationship. You should break up with him.

• He knows you're mentally unhappy, and he also knows there is no point in trying to help you. This is something you have to deal with yourself.

As a guy, I've been in his position before. You spend all your time and energy trying to help a girl, and it's for nothing. She is just a time sink and an energy vampire and you wind up hating her because she won't fix her own problems.

He has told you to do whatever makes you happy, but that's basically his way of washing his hands of you. He doesn't want to be responsible for "fixing" you. You are the only one who can.

If you get better, he'll be happy to see the new you, and happy for you. But he will no longer waste time trying to fix someone who doesn't want to get better.

What Girls Said 5

• He's just giving you time to really think about what you want from your relationship with him. Use it well instead of just calling and texting him repeatedly. Not only is it annoying for him, but it's degrading for you. I suggest not talking to him for a few days while you really think about why you were unhappy with your relationship, and if you still want to work to make it better or if you feel breaking up is the best thing to do. Then, after you've really thought long and hard about what you want, text your boyfriend that you've thought things over and you want to have a serious talk with him, and you're ready to clear everything up. He just might answer that text if you word it calmly and rationally.

• i sent a text to him but no more calls. I was so happy to hear his voice. He said, he is doing it for me to be happy but I told him that it doesn`t make me happy at all. He admitted that he isn`t happy either. I`m still hoping we could get back together.

• Sorry, but if you're both not happy in your relationship, maybe you shouldn't be together anymore? There's only so much compromise you two can go through before your relationship starts becoming a chore and no longer a fulfilling one. I know it may be hard since you still care about each other, but maybe taking a break at least will clear the air. You can still stay friends but maybe your romantic relationship needs a break--just for a while. Then you can see where you two are later on.

• He's breaking up with you the lazy way.

• Trust me I know it sucks but you just got to give him the space and let him come to you when he's ready. By keep on texting and calling you'll just annoy him.

• It sounds like he's done with the relationship for now

• Do what's best for you translates to, "I don't care about what you do anymore, and I don't care about you enough to want to be with you." He's so done with you. Then the obssessive calling and texting just drives the situation home for him, makes him confident that he made the right choice while at the same time causing him to be slightly annoyed with you, and keep killing the attraction that he may have had for you. What can you do? Move on. Time to let him go. He doesn't want an apology, or explanation or to 'work it out', you should just let it go.