Is it okay to date that guys that are older?

2 to 3 years, what's the best age limit?

Most Helpful Guy

• When you're in high school, I think age difference matters. Like, a Senior and a Sophomore or Junior and Freshman should be thje biggest gap. But I think anything over 18 is fine.

What Guys Said 2

• I personally have seen an age difference of 8 years, a few years ago I was seeing a shrink who said he's seen as much as 12 years.

Obviously this doesn't make it ok for 18 years olds to date 6 year olds, but as long as the younger party is mature enough, consenting (to date/relationship, not nessesarily sex) and isn't after the older one just for something they have, there really shouldn't be an age limit.

• Once you're "legal", age no longer matters.

There is no limit, ask Demi and Ashton and Katie and Tom.

Age only matters if you're not legal, it's trouble, and you have to wait.

What Girls Said 3

• i don't think that there's really an age limit,a s long as the other party isn't committing statutory rape. anyway...i think it's more about maturity. some younger guys can be mature for their age, while some older guys can still act like children. really, it all depends on what other qualities that you're looking for in a guy and whether you are or aren't comfortable being with him.

• Absolutely! Personally I only go for guys that are older most of the time (there was one rare instance where the guy was younger but that was that). However, the gap depends on the ages. If you're 18, like me, I'd suggest not going for anyone older than 21 just because of the place you're probably at in your life, which can conflict a lot with that of someone older. However if you're sayyyy 20 then I'd see nothing wrong with dating a 26 year old...pretty much the older you get I think the wider the age gap can get...I wouldn't go much further than a seven or eight year difference though but that's just me.

• ages doesn't have to do w/love... unless ur the kinda type that doesn't like either younger guys or olders guys...

i've have younger boyfriends since I had my first boyfriend.. I dun really know why, maybe because I look younger than my age I guess..