Dating military precautions?

So, I met a guy online today, and we went out tonight. He's 28, and just joined the navy. He lives an hour away from me. He said he had a blast, but he's only here until July. He read my profile, which states that I'm looking for something serious numerous times. The fist thing he said to me was that he liked my profile. After our date tonight (which was with his sister too), he asked for a kiss. He seems to be interested. He asked me to hang out again tomorrow for his birthday. Would you pursue something, or just leave it alone? I know you've heard about military guys...

Most Helpful Girl

• What about military guys?

To ahead and pursue got nothing to lose.

• That since they're only in places for a little while, and just got out of boot camp/basic training, that they only want sex. I live in a military town and that's what most of them do

What Guys Said 2

• "I know you've heard about military guys..."

I know you've heard that generalizations are ALWAYS bad.

• Military guys even say it. I hope it's not a turn off, but I'm in the military. Or, I'm actually nothing like military guys, I don't know why I joined. Stuff like that.

• Or generalizations are always bad. Yea, I think that's the correct one.

• I live in a military town. one out of one people are military affiliates. They're a**holes. My own father was in the military. I love him dearly; Still an a**hole. You will not convince me otherwise. THIS "generalization," stereotype, fact, whatever you want to call it, is true.

• Pursue this if you're looking for something serious. It doesn't mean that if he deploys on July, he'll be gone forever.

What Girls Said 2

• I tried dating one I went to college with and it was a nightmare. Tread lightly. If you two do work out, make sure it is a lifestyle you are worth sacrificing for.

• If I were you, I would date him, but with caution. If you're worried that he's just after sex, then don't have sex with him until you're sure he wants you for more than that.