Guy sent me a Facebook message that was meant for someone else. Accident?

A guy I had a brief fling with a year and a half ago sent me a message on Facebook this morning. I was surprised as I haven't spoke to him in a while, but when I opened it I immediately realized it wasn't meant for me. In the message, the first thing he said was "yup" so it looks like he was responding to someone's question. He then went on to say that he was free tomorrow and that he was available to meet up. ?!?!?

Could this really be just an accident? I've heard of people sending texts to the wrong person before but never a Facebook message to the wrong person...

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it's an accident. It's very easy to type in a name (into the chat bar) and click on someone else with a similar name. It's very easy to miss so you continue the conversation, without checking the name. The fact he said "yup" shows he was replying to someone so I believe it was a pure accident. Just tell him that he's got the wrong person.

What Guys Said 3

• Since he was providing an answer, it is very likely that he accidentally messaged the wrong person. You also mentioned that you haven't spoken to him for quite some time, which could prove true that the message was completely accidental.

• Could be, couldn't be. It's hard to judge. A one line response I would definitely say it was an accident, but the fact that there was a second line sent...it could potentially be a fishing expedition.

• Go play with him. I'm sure he will be very surprised.

What Girls Said 2

• its kinda hard to accidently send a message to the wrong person on Facebook

• Accident