Is it racist to refuse to date out of your race?

Maybe "racist" is a strong word, but do you think it's wrong to not date guys who aren't the same race as you? Most people will obviously give preference to people of their race, but do you think it's wrong to completely eliminate guys due to their race? Have you ever thought, he's cute for a __ guy? Or, if he were __ I'd date him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it racist to refuse to date out of your race?

No, but it's racist to DE-HUMANIZE someone because of skin tone.

Personally, I don't like Caucasian women (white), I'm no racist I just am a strong believer in the idea that "Color is Flavor" and those without it are just boring to the eyes. My color range is from Mild brown to dark skin, but not extreme dark, I'm more attracted to the lighter tones of dark. Whether she is Chinese looking or African American, but not Indian nor arab.

A girl within that range is definitely a turn on for me.

I've been attracted to a Caucasian woman at my gym lol, just to quiet the haters, she was doing some weird variation of SQUATS, which required her to hold some weigh pulled, while keep the Squat position, and sitting and raising with a straight back. The girl was looking right into my eyes while doing so, I had a memory flash of me and her having sex and the handles she was holding being my hands and she was riding me slowly. I did my workout and she keep staring at me like "I was the only meat" she had seen in months. After the workout I asked for her name. Myriam. She kept working out and I know next time I see her, I can choose to push for more conversation. Just saying make her a LATINA and I would've dated her on the spot.

What Guys Said 9

• It's not racist at all it's just what you're attracted to... Personally I have no issues with dating people from other races, then again I'm attracted to different people from every kind of background and race.

• Its not racist to date within your race. Its a matter of choice. I've heard those statements before. I've just never been one to make those statements. If I find a woman "cute" I would approach her regardless of what race she is.

• simple answer: no. it's personal preference.

I'm willing to date (maybe marry) all colors of the rainbow whereas I have friends who only date within their race for whatever personal reasons.

It's 2013, you're not gonna get flogged for interracial dating lol

• Liking or preferring to date certain races over another is no different than sexual preference. I just happen to be heterosexual and like my fellow Hispanics or white women. Someone else might like something else. No biggie!

• Yes and no. More often than not, people will that's racist. In the grand scheme of things, those people can go f*ck themselves. Any person in the world can date or refuse to date any other person for any reason they choose(within reason and the confines of the law), and the rest of us can't say sh*t about it. It's not a free world if you impose affirmative action on every aspect of our private lives.

• No, it isn't.

We all have our preferences in partners and dates. If you prefer to date in your race, that's your choice.

• It's not racist at all. After all, when it comes to dating, all's fair and you have a preference.

• That's fine in my opinion. That's your decision and everyone has the ability to have one. It doesn't make it right or wrong.

It's funny though because I've noticed that sometimes people will label you as close minded for having such a strong preference for your own race, but many of those same people seem to consider it great if you have a strong preference outside of your race. It''s pretty much the same thing, but one gets less grief put upon them.

• Ive never thought like that but I do have a thing certain races. The only thing is I would perfer to marry someone of my own race becuase of the culture

What Girls Said 8

• No,

Racist means hatred of another racial group or background.

I don't think it's racist to only want to date your own, but I do think it is close minded.

There are so many potentially great people out there and only wanting to date someone

solely because they are the same racial background only limits your options.

• its racist if you don't date based on ethnicity, we are all the same race. The human race, we all desire our own flavor (who we are attracted to) so if you are attracted to lighter white skinned people then date them, if someone other than your norm dream guy comes along don't be closed minded ,get to know all human beings and you will be surprised how much we are all the same but with different wrapping.

• No it's not racist but frankly some people will make it look like it's racist because they're idiots. That's pretty narrow minded :-P

if someone was being racist, I would say he/she would be saying a lot of derogatory remarks and spreading hate messages basing on a person's skin color or not treating them fairly among others because they look 'different', but unfortunately some people's definition of racism is "preferring one race over the other". This meaning does not make sense to me anyway.

• No I don't think so,I do it all the time. I'm against dating people of the same race as opposed to interracial marriage actually. But no I don't think it's racist at all.

• No, it's just your preference ! :) Everyone has their own preference. As long as your not discriminating or actually hating/bashing on a person just because of their race then no. I am the same way, I am Dominican, and I only date Dominican men :)

• I wouldn't exactly say racist, but I believe that not dating someone JUST because they aren't the same race as you is wrong. You could be missing out on someone who is perfect for you simply because you denied them a chance to show you how great they are because the color of their skin doesn't match yours.

• No, but it does seems a little narrow-minded. Just my opinion.

• It's not racist

It's just a preference