Did anyone use "Get the Guy" book?

I'm very inexperienced, 22 and haven't even had my first kiss. All dates, first dates really like 3 have been from online. Of course, for some reason my friends think I have more game or something and think I've passed all these milestones if you will. However, they do know I'm a virgin. I'm an okay looking girl just a little bit overweight, have good style all that. I guess I'm a little picky. I want a guy that I'm attracted to, who is ambitious and has good values and maybe even funny too that's a bonus for sure.

I ordered this book online and I've been reading a little. However, has anyone else used it and gotten success? Or any thoughts or advice if it could help my non-existent love life.

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't read the book but I can give you some friendly male advice. So is the thing that's bothering you the fact that you haven't been kissed or that you feel guys aren't meeting your standards?

In any case, 'game' doesn't really exist for girls. A guy will judge you based on your looks and whether you come across as open to sex, and if he's looking for a serious relationship, he'll also judge you by (once he's gotten to know you) personality and intelligence. Confidence, charm, all that sort of stuff that girls are impressed by doesn't figure into a guy's thinking. Even when it comes to humor, it's much more important that a girl can take a joke rather than make a joke.

You may have 'good style' from a woman's perspective, but women's perspective and men's perspective differ. Dress in a way that shows you're a sexual being (you don't have to dress slutty). Perhaps lose the few excess pounds. Actually put yourself in situations where you're meeting new guys. And smile! That really is all you need to do.

What Guys Said 2

• glad I'm not alone in this

• You really don't need that book though if you can find insights in it, then it's worth your money.

The best book so that you can find the guy you're after is "Intimate Connections" by David Burns. There's a lot of successful relationships after readers read it.

• ohh yeah, for women too? I'll check it out.

I mean I used to be so shy and I read a bit online and learned how to be friendly. People are shocked now to find out that I used to be shy lol...so its worth learning/reading about dating.

What Girls Said 2

• It's really good, check out Matthew Hussey's videos on YouTube too. One key thing he says is how many new men do you meet in a week (opened my eyes) also, if you speak to a guy or a guy speaks to you, even if you don't initially see attraction there, give him one minute of your undivided attention before you move on elsewhere

• I have read it, but only the first two of the three parts. And I think it does work! I applied it to my ex-crush and I got farther than any other crush I had. If you are wondering why I don't consider him my crush if that I got to know him and I didn't like his personality.

But yeah I have followed Matthew Hussey on his websites and stuff. I like him, he's honest and many people have showed the good results they got from his work