Girlfriend doesn't like to be kissed on the lips

my girlfriend doesn't like to be kissed on the lips.she thinks it's gross or something but she haven't tried it in her life that's how she has felt after watching movies and stuff.

she lets me talk close to her face so if I kiss her on the lips off guard will she get upset or confused?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell her that she needs to try it before she can judge whether it's gross or not. Seriously, you can't be with someone who find kissing gross. And also, don't kiss her by surprise you might end up getting slapped. Tell her that you want to try to kiss her then start with a small peck on her lips.

What Girls Said 6

• I didn't like kissing my boyfriend for a while because he had far more experience than me, and I didn't want to look foolish haha. All he did was allow me to make the move and be comfortable in my own skin :) So just give her time and don't surprise kiss attack because it could set things further back

• If she doesn't want you to do it and she's already expressed that you need to respect her and not do it.

Ask her first.

• Haha that's exactly how I felt before I tried it! In fact, I thought my first kiss or two was kind of yucky, because of the whole concept of exchanging spit and stuff.. BUT start off with mouth closed kisses, and work up from there. They seem more appealing if you like the other person and know how much the other person likes being kissed. :)

• She doesn't like it, respect that

• How is she your girlfriend if you haven't kissed on the lips? lol. How old are you two? She will like it once she does it. Start slow.

• its been some time and we are adults :P I just respect her feelings. once in a movie she said eww and we talked about it and she says its gross and she doesn't like it. got to know why :)

• hmm that is weird. I love kissing my boyfriend!

• It's just insecurity

What Guys Said 3

• This is a bit strange to me, especially the word choice of saying that is "gross".

She either is a huge germophobe, or has intimacy problems,or she used "gross" as an excuse because she's self conscious about being a "bad kisser". I say the third option is the most likely.

As simplistic as it sounds, I couldn't be with a girl if she didn't want to kiss on the lips. :(

• Depends how good you are at kissing (no homo).

As to why she's like this, a possibility comes into my mind

You've observed that she got like this "after watching movies & stuff". Maybe she's noticed that kissing always leads to sex on TV, and she (for whatever reason) doesn't want sex? Just a possibility.

• It's just an insecurity. Just try to kiss her on her cheeks, then over time, you can move to her lips.

It just need time.