Am I dumb for thinking he likes me? Should I text him?

He usually texts me first, but the last two times I've texted him first. When I did text first, we ended up talking for two days. It's been a few days since we've talked and he's a shy guy and not much of a texter so he won't text first now, but he always replies and asks questions and gives long answers. I'm tired of waiting for him to text, but I don't want to be desperate. ShouldI text him first after a while and then drop a hint so he'll know I want him to text first next time? Something like "I've got to go, but you should text me sometime! :)"

I think he really likes me and we've been on a date and stuff.

What Guys Said 1

• You should just ask him to hang out with you. That's better than getting desperate for waiting a text.

What Girls Said 1

• The amount of thought you've put into this indicates that you have already reached "desparate" status.

Chill out and let him come to you when he's ready or wants to and not becuase you cleverly plotted a way to maneuver him into texting you.

I know what it's like to get caught up in this obsessive circle and you need to pull yourself out and get some perspective, which is to spend less time worrying who's texting who first and more time just living in the moment and enjoying each others' texts and company when it happens, and if it doesn't happen then find something else to enjoy, instead of watching your phone.

Remember, the best moments in life are the ones that happen naturally and very rarely the ones that we plot and plan to death. So quit sweating the small stuff and hug yourself, cause you're awesome!