Need advice about this awesome guy?

So I met this guy at this place where he works who flirted with me a lot. I went back to that place a week later, he was there, he flirted and made it obvious that he was into me. I said yolo and asked him for his Facebook info cause I knew I wouldn't be seeing him again if I didn't due to the fact that he travels for work. I added him. He messaged me the next day and we talked the whole weekend and all the way til the middle of the week. I said something like "wish I could show you around" and he responded immediately saying "yeah let's do that Tuesday or Wednesday night" so we went out. He talked a lot and acted somewhat nervous, dressed nice, smelled good and I could tell he put a lot of effort into getting ready for the date. We talked the whole night and I felt like I could be myself around him and he told me so much about himself even stories about childhood friends. I felt like I've known him my whole life or something it was a good date! We hugged at the end of the night and I am certain that he was about to kiss me but got nervous or something. I'm not very good at playing the texting games with guys so I texted him afterward to tell him I had a nice time and I hope he did as well. He responded telling me "I did thanks. I was just about to text you :) I really did have a good time" we talked some the next day but he was busy since he had to travel for work that day. We talked the weekend after that. Then I'm pretty sure he got busy with work (I'm not going to say where he works, but I know he's being honest when he says he's been busy with work) We texted the weekend after that also. I texted him first and we ended up talking for the next two days. He was even telling me he was partying with friends and I told him he didn't have to keep texting and he said he wanted to keep talking to me :) so we kept talking. I haven't talked to him in a little less than week. Is this a bad sign considering the fact that not only are we just "flirty friends" for now even though it's obvious we like each other and I know for a fact he has to work absolutely crazy hours and barely ever gets to sleep? I really do think he likes me. I don't know if he's somewhat shy and doesn't know what to say if he texts first or what. What is your opinion on this? Do you think he's interested. Honestly, I'm really scared to not text him first again and then lose something really good just because I'm following some crazy rule that girls can't text first. What would you do if you were me? Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's quite interested in you.

What Guys Said 1

• Text him already, if everything you say it's true, he might be busy, and that's why he didn't text you.

In my opinion he's into you, so.

• So if a girl texted you twice in a row you wouldn't think she was desperate or needy? I never text a billion times without a response or anything. I just don't want to look like I spend all my time obsessing over him. haha

• No I wouldn't think that. I would love it actually.

Just chat with him, and see how he responds, if he seems happy ask him out, or use some girlie trick so he will ask you out.

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys find it hot that a girl makes the first move, so just text him. He definitely sounds worth it from what you have described. And he could be shy, I don't know. You won't know anything if you sit around waiting to hear from him. So go for it! I hope this helps!