What are your views on online dating?

Simple as that. If you find out someone you know is on an online dating site, will that change your opinion of them.

• Yes, Its pathetic
  • Maybe a little
  • No, Its their choice

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's ineffective if you're a guy. If you're a girl, it's good though: you get lots of messages. I don't think it's pathetic.

What Girls Said 8

• I wrote my view on my blog a while ago: link

^ that basically says how I feel about it.

If I found out someone was online dating, I wouldn't think differently of them. The most I'd think was that they were getting lonely so got a desperate enough to go online in search for love.

• It works for some people. My opinion wouldn't change, it's their life, their choice and it's not my business.

• No, it wouldn't. Internet is a great place to meet people. I met my boyfriend on Facebook and I'm not ashamed to say it.

• Nah. While online dating doesn't seem to work out most of the time, I don't see anything wrong with giving it a shot.

• it definitely tells you a lot about that person, not necessarily good or bad. but doesn't make them "pathetic'

• It's basically what you make of it. You want it to work, but you don't want to work to hard.

• Pathetic

• For me its always been a waste of time but I may try it again...

What Guys Said 8

• No it wouldn't. That's just arrogant to think badly of someone because something so irrelevant. That may trigger a negative reaction only in the minds of arrogant or delusional people.

The thing is, you can never know what are the circumstances in which this person lived his life in and what brought him to go to an online dating site. It's no different than judging a person because he prefers to drive a Toyota and not a Skoda of Folkswagen. You can't know if it's really his preference of Japanese-made cars or that he just doesn't have a lot of money or that he prefers to invest his money in something other than his vehicle.

Same with dating - you cannot know about that person's childhood and how he grown up to be the person he is today. Not all of us have circles upon circles of friends we can always go out with and keep that life cycle of meeting new people all the time flowing. Others do not see the fun in clubs and bars unless we're drunk. And some prefer to advance in career at an early age and so they don't have the time to even go out on some regular basis - and so online dating for those people is the only way to even go on dates.

Take my note especially on the career part because I'm one of them. And not just me, I have many guys and MANY girls at work who are in their early to mid twenties who never even been kissed. Not because they're not attractive - some of them are gorgeous - but only because they put so much effort into education and work that they don't have lotsa free time left.

• It would change my opinion only if I had the misconstrued opinion that they were somehow vehemently opposed to online dating sites.

• Online dating expands the pond of prospects, so I consider online dating a good thing!

• I think if people find out about me using even a site like guysaskgirls.com they would think I am pathetic but may be that's just me.

• I am a member of multiply dating websites.

• I don't like it, but it's their choice. I hope I never had to go through online dating though.

• you will have to make yourself stand out a lot if you are a guy

• They really work a lot for people who don't have access to a lot of people in their area.