Not texting me back because....my joke was offensive or he doesn't care?

My crush texted me, asking if I texted him? I asked what? (since I didn't text him) then he said he got a message with no name. I replied in a funny way-at least I find it funny: wow, exciting. Why did you think it was me who texted you? I hope it was from a secret admirer, not a threathening letter. And he didn't answer for this. Why?

I would feel pathetic if I wrote it was a bad joke or something and I find it very rude that he didn't answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it could have been taken in the wrong tone. Did you use a smiley face to make sure he knew you were joking?

• thanks for your answer!well, I didn't use any smiley face at all

What Guys Said 2

• Your reply could be interpreted as bitchy. (the first part). He may have been offended.

• thanks for answering! well, people say I have a very kind and innocent style so since he knows me he probably knows I didn't mean it that way

• Or you mean that I asked why he thought it was me? well I am very curios about that

• I meant the 'wow, exciting' part. If you think he knows your 'voice' over text, I wouldn't sweat it.

• He just didn't care. Don't think much about it. He'll text you again.

What Girls Said 1

• Uhmmm...yeahhh. lol, you should text him like "I hope that didn't come off the wrong way. Things can be so misinterpreted over texts! :) "

Btw, it's really not all that rude that he didn't answer, you're just being sensitive.